Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #31
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have the two packages of releases, "Lost Treasures of Infocom", volumes I and II, released by Activision in the early 1990s. They come with all the manuals, maps, and so on. They are among my most treasured computer-related possessions!
Mine, also. I have both the 3.5" disk sets and the CD sets.

Mike
currently playing Hollywood Hijinx on the iPad.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #32
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
got my 1200 too and it still works, also got a cough CD32 in the loft...
Hey didn't they release a game for that?
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #33
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
* high five* I had the C64 too! Damn, is everyone here as old as me?
Atari 400 with the membrane keyboard was my first in 1981... I even had the optional, external 5 1/4" floppy drive that was the size of a toaster I had many Infocom titles.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #34
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by weateallthepies View Post
Hey didn't they release a game for that?
I have all of the games! pretty much,

Simon the sorcerer
a fighting game
superfrog
driving game with missiles...
erm maybe a couple of others.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #35
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Thanks for bringing back fond memories of these games. Ballyhoo and Planetfall were my favorites. Poor Floyd.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #36
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have the two packages of releases, "Lost Treasures of Infocom", volumes I and II, released by Activision in the early 1990s. They come with all the manuals, maps, and so on. They are among my most treasured computer-related possessions!
I still have my volume I, it's on a shelf right behind me
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #37
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weateallthepies View Post
...oh and high fives all round to the Amiga owners, I've still got mine.
I still have my a500 & a1200, though a friend had a fully tricked out A3000 tower with cybergraphics card, '060 accellerator, toccatta sound card, high res monitor and scsi hard drive.

She threw it in the bin a few weeks before we first met.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:38 AM   #38
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Mapping app?

Has anyone found a good app for creating maps for these games? I've been using popplet lite, but it really isn't designed for it.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #39
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Has anyone found a good app for creating maps for these games? I've been using popplet lite, but it really isn't designed for it.
Thanks for mentioning this. I see the unlite (is that a word) version lets you save several maps. Looks like it would do a fair job. What have you found as the drawbacks in creating IF maps?
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #40
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Thanks for mentioning this. I see the unlite (is that a word) version lets you save several maps. Looks like it would do a fair job. What have you found as the drawbacks in creating IF maps?
It is designed as a mind mapping tool, which is for directed graphs, without loops. So there is no way of creating a cycle of connected rooms, you have to fiddle it by creating duplicate rooms and stacking them over each other.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #41
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
It is designed as a mind mapping tool, which is for directed graphs, without loops. So there is no way of creating a cycle of connected rooms, you have to fiddle it by creating duplicate rooms and stacking them over each other.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "a cycle of connected rooms?"

How about this:

I tried the lite version, liked it, and spend the $5 bucks on the full version. I think it will work.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #42
murraypaul
Interested Bystander

Quote:
Not sure I understand what you mean by "a cycle of connected rooms?"

How about this:

I tried the lite version, liked it, and spend the $5 bucks on the full version. I think it will work.
Neat, that is exactly what I thought I couldn't do
Old 06-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #43
The Old Man
Fanatic

Yes! I thought that may be what you wanted.
Anyway, I have the full version ($4.99) and will proceed to create a Popplet image for the IF title "9:05" which is about a simple an adventure as you can get. This will be a learning experience with Popplet.

Again, I thank you for mentioning this app. I think it will work great. Now all we need is the update to the OS that will allow multitasking (or a jailbreak) so we can quickly switch between Frotz and Popplet.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #44
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Yes! I thought that may be what you wanted.
Anyway, I have the full version ($4.99) and will proceed to create a Popplet image for the IF title "9:05" which is about a simple an adventure as you can get. This will be a learning experience with Popplet.

Again, I thank you for mentioning this app. I think it will work great. Now all we need is the update to the OS that will allow multitasking (or a jailbreak) so we can quickly switch between Frotz and Popplet.
Wow, I truly feel like a dinosaur now. I always used to simply create a grid on writing paper with room names shown in row headings, and destinations shown in the column headings (N S E W NE NW SE SW U and D). Crude but effective - and faster than drawing boxes.

And I guess I could use "Numbers" for that.

-- Riq
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:39 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
Wow, I truly feel like a dinosaur now. I always used to simply create a grid on writing paper with room names shown in row headings, and destinations shown in the column headings (N S E W NE NW SE SW U and D). Crude but effective - and faster than drawing boxes.
That's actually better than a graphical representation, because directions aren't always reicprocal - ie, if going N from room A takes you to room B, going S from room B does not always take you back to room A.

Quote:
And I guess I could use "Numbers" for that.
Great idea!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote