Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
tsantsa
tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none yet
Fry's ereaders = deal?

They have the Hanvon n516 for $159 and the Aluratek for $149. Are those good deals? I see they have the eSlick for $239 but newegg has that for $199

http://www.frys.com/catreq/-14458
tsantsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'd get the Aluratek Libre, but not the Hanvon N516. The N516 sold by Fry's is using an old firmware and can't do squat.

Get the Libre. It's a great price for a good ebook reader.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I still don't have my first eReader. I use my phone for now. Ive spent the last little while looking at all the old tech and the new tech thats be flaunted. But to be honest I really like the Aluratek and it will probably end up being my first eReader once its gets closer to the 120ish range.

The only thing I see as a drawback is only having 24 hours of battery (well at least its continuous) life.

Added: You know now that I think about it thats not bad at all. In standby mode it lasts 2 weeks I guess.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 02-07-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:49 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I think: 'you get what your pay for'
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I still don't have my first eReader. I use my phone for now. Ive spent the last little while looking at all the old tech and the new tech thats be flaunted. But to be honest I really like the Aluratek and it will probably end up being my first eReader once its gets closer to the 120ish range.

The only thing I see as a drawback is only having 24 hours of battery (well at least its continuous) life.

Added: You know now that I think about it thats not bad at all. In standby mode it lasts 2 weeks I guess.
jetBook-lite has the same TFT screen that Aluratek and 4 AA replacable batteries and can be used with 4 AA rechargable. The price is $129.95 on NewEgg.com
website. You can also use preloaded dictionaries (Aluratek unit has no dictionaries).
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
jetBook-lite has the same TFT screen that Aluratek and 4 AA replacable batteries and can be used with 4 AA rechargable. The price is $129.95 on NewEgg.com
website. You can also use preloaded dictionaries (Aluratek unit has no dictionaries).
Yeah I am aware of the Jetbook Lite. I am just not interested in having something that takes batteries. Thats I guess the only drawback but for me its a big one.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote