Marc
Marc,

That's awesome!!!

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
LOLz, Frank is a LOLcat! Um, yeah, he didn't knock off that Kindle from the table for no reason. Can he haz ur lap now? (Sorry, I'm not fluent in LOLcat.)
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #18
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Yeah, Christmas LOLcat wanna visit lap land!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #19
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Talking Kindle Update

I just found out my replacement Kindle has been shipped and is expected to arrive on Friday...

So since this is the holiday season, I expected the delays, and am still thrilled beyond belief that I'm getting a replacement.

12-17 Kindle Broken
12-18 Amazon Contacted
12-26 Expected Replacement Arrival.

Not bad at all Amazon!!
Myridom
Old 12-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Yeah, Christmas LOLcat wanna visit lap land!

congratulations on the new kindle ! i bet you're relieved.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by myridom View Post
I just found out my replacement Kindle has been shipped and is expected to arrive on Friday...

So since this is the holiday season, I expected the delays, and am still thrilled beyond belief that I'm getting a replacement.

12-17 Kindle Broken
12-18 Amazon Contacted
12-26 Expected Replacement Arrival.

Not bad at all Amazon!!
Myridom
Wow, I can't believe it is coming that quickly since they are so backlogged on christmas deliveries.

That is good.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #22
myridom
Enthusiast

Could be worse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

congratulations on the new kindle ! i bet you're relieved.

Actually a little, yes. Of course being the geek that I am, I have broken more expensive toys on purpose.. hehe

I have had quite a graveyard of electronics over the years due to my soldering iron and my inability to just leave well enough alone..

MyridoM
Old 12-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Actually a little, yes. Of course being the geek that I am, I have broken more expensive toys on purpose.. hehe

I have had quite a graveyard of electronics over the years due to my soldering iron and my inability to just leave well enough alone..

MyridoM
heh. well, don't expect me to cast the first stone... although, i wouldn't go so far as to get out the soldering iron.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #24
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
I'm glad you have a new Kindle coming, and what a sweet cat. And YEAH Amazon!
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #25
myridom
Enthusiast

Kindle didn't arrive.. <sob>

Oh well, knew it was too good to be true.. Kindle won't ship until late Feb-March. Disappointed but still ok with it.. Hell maybe they'll be shipping the new kindle by then and I'll get one of those.. Can only hope.

Myridom
Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
There is no reason you should have to wait. Contact amazon customer service and complain.

The usual practice is to bump replacement shipments to the top of the list. That is why Amazon is known for its excellent service.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #27
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
There is no reason you should have to wait. Contact amazon customer service and complain.

The usual practice is to bump replacement shipments to the top of the list. That is why Amazon is known for its excellent service.
I wouldn't complain if I were him, might raise too many red flags. Heck, he's getting a new one for free when it wasn't a product defect!

I'd be bummed though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #28
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
maybe they'll be shipping the new kindle by then and I'll get one of those..
The back orders are creating a dilemma for Amazon - since the cleanest switch over to a Kindle 2 would be to have the Kindle 1 in stock before introducing the Kindle 2. I predict that either the Kindle 1's will ship earlier than expected, or all those Feb-Mar Kindle 1's will turn out to be Kindle 2's.

However, I don't think they will be replacing broken Kindle 1's with Kindle 2's.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #29
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
However, I don't think they will be replacing broken Kindle 1's with Kindle 2's.
No doubt that's the case. Even Apple replaces broken stuff with the same gen replacement... usually a refurb.

I'm guess August at the earlyest for Kindle 2.. it even that soon. Although, maybe they will show something at CES.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #30
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
Sounds like something my cat would do... He loves to try to walk across it when I am reading before bed! I have to reposition myself a bit so he wont lay on it! I swear they get jealous. He sits in from of the computer screen too!

Black one is the snugglebug (Mittens) the gray one (Blade) not so much.
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, broken, byetta, kindle, screen