Notices

Old 05-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #16
dotancohen
Enthusiast
dotancohen is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
If anyone is following this thread, root has been accomplished... even by me (and I don't know that much about rooting). I did a self-booting Linux stick and was able to root, install Dropsync and a web browser and get my calibre recipes to download to my Nook automatically. Very happy!
Could you please mention which web browser you have installed? I'm planning on upgrading my Nook SimpleTouch Glowlight with the new Nook when I'll be in the US next week. The only browser that would run on the old Nook was a terrible old Opera version. If you know of anything else I would love to hear about it.

Thanks!
dotancohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #17
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

I'm using Opera Mini version 7.5.33361. It's usable enough for the occasional Wikipedia browsing but not much more than that. Good enough for my needs. Dropsync was the main thing I was after... Pretty happy with everything in the last couple months since I rooted...
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #18
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Once it's rooted, can the amount of space sideloaded books can use be increased?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #19
dotancohen
Enthusiast
dotancohen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm using Opera Mini version 7.5.33361. It's usable enough for the occasional Wikipedia browsing but not much more than that. Good enough for my needs. Dropsync was the main thing I was after... Pretty happy with everything in the last couple months since I rooted...
That is the browser that I use as well. Thanks.
dotancohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #20
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
Once it's rooted, can the amount of space sideloaded books can use be increased?
Yes, you can change the size of the partitions - that part seems to be pretty tricky, though, and I haven't done it.
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #21
neoman4426
neoman4426 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST
Quote:
Yes, you can change the size of the partitions - that part seems to be pretty tricky, though, and I haven't done it.
Wouldn't be as convenient as exposing it as UMS but you wouldn't necessarily need to repartition to use the space for your own content. Might require you to load content onto the user accessible storage and use a file manager on device to move it or use adb to push it or something, but the stock reader should pick up any epubs on device, maybe restricted to a certain tree but it should hypothetically work.
neoman4426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #22
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Yesh, space is the issue. How much space is available and accessible to the user on the rooted device (without partitioning)? Partitioning on the Sony T1 is what caused most of the bricks on that device, I think. Dangerous. Hopefully it's easier on this device. The new Nook is starting to look more attractive.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #23
tripero
tripero began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Glowlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Yesh, space is the issue. How much space is available and accessible to the user on the rooted device (without partitioning)? Partitioning on the Sony T1 is what caused most of the bricks on that device, I think. Dangerous. Hopefully it's easier on this device. The new Nook is starting to look more attractive.
Hi there...sorry my english....
Is possible to make more room than 500Mb whihout touch partitions? Is possible load ebooks in B&N folders and then acces to them? In which folder B&N save the epub if I buy it? Anyone know?
Thanks.
tripero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #24
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
You need to go to the xda thread linked in the first post.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:54 AM   #25
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Has anybody tried to root in the firmware 1.3.1 ? I'm willing to try to root my recent bought nook, but it came with this firmware launched after those steps to root...
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #26
snark.shark
snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Glowlight, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Has anybody tried to root in the firmware 1.3.1 ? I'm willing to try to root my recent bought nook, but it came with this firmware launched after those steps to root...
Hi. I also need to know if there are updated instructions for Firmware 1.3.1.

I just acquired a used Nook Glowlight--quite foolishly not checking enough to hear about the stupid partitioning--and I really want to fix that little problem.

idefix0815's instructions on xda seem great (I have a flavor of Linux already on one computer) but when I get to the part where it talks about using one of his batch files to uncover the hidden partitions and show them all (NINE of them he says!) it just doesn't succeed. I'm not a total Linux dummy, so I know I followed his prereq steps properly.

31st January 2014 (the date on his post) is a very long time ago so I wonder if anyone has seen newer instructions, or scripts, from someone else (or him elsewhere). Either Windows or Linux solutions are fine for me, if the instructions are decent.
snark.shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
All posts not about the new nook Glowlight Plus belong in a different thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #28
snark.shark
snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!snark.shark , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Glowlight, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All posts not about the new nook Glowlight Plus belong in a different thread.
I think you need to clarify why this is the wrong thread. Most of the posts in this topic are from 2014. Therefore they have to be about the BNRV500, not the BNRV510.
snark.shark is offline   Reply With Quote