Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
rec
rec began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505/treo680
Feliz navidad

Hi All --

I'm checking in from Santa Fe where I've been playing with my new prs-505, loading it up with books I haven't had the time to read or energy to carry around with me, and learning about the open source software available.

I'm also looking forward to playing with IgorSK's flasher and development kit when it gets the 505 seal of approval.

-- rec --
rec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Howdy rec
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum

Let us know how you like the 505
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
rec
rec began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505/treo680
Hi Cassidym --

I'm really happy with the 505, I've even begun talking it up to my brothers.

It's the right size for reading most material in weight, handiness, and screen size. And it has enough space to store more books than I'll probably ever get around to.

I've been using the open source libprs500 to format books and manage the 505 from my Ubuntu Linux desktop.

There have been a few communication glitches, where libprs500 finds itself unable to read the meta-data from the reader, which result in the meta-data on the reader getting truncated. But it takes only a moment to reinstall everything, and I'm not far enough into reading to miss losing my marks into open books. And I'm converging on the circumstances which lead to the glitches, too, so maybe we'll get them fixed.

I discovered last night that an 8.4 Mb BBeB of the entire Burton translation of The 1001 Nights is too big, or too complicated in some way, for the 505 to open. It rebooted instead. Ah, well, the printed edition needed 10 volumes for stories and 6 volumes for appendices, too.

So, I'm delighted,

-- rec --
rec is offline   Reply With Quote