Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
kklee
kklee is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Sleep of Death variation??

I've only encountered the sleep of death a few times, but my Vox did something entirely different this time.

Occasionally, I have left it unplugged long enough that the battery discharges. After recharging it, it normally boots up as usual.

When I turned it on this time, it sat at the white Kobo logo and would not progress any further. I forced a power off and tried another boot, same thing. I popped the back off and tried the reset button, still the same.

Now I'm expecting that I have to do a factory reset, but I'll try another power off/on. This time, it came up with the 'cannot start' message and proceeded to perform a factory reset on its own. After the reset (and subsequent update and setup), the Vox appears to be working normally.

The puzzling thing is that I have not made any changes to the Vox in weeks. The only changes have been downloading additional books purchased from Kobo.

I did have the Vox rooted and Marketplace installed along with a handful of other apps. I think I'll leave it un-modded now as I've acquired an Android phone to play with.
kklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
People have reported odd things happening relating to full battery drains before. I generally avoid letting this happen as a result.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert