Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
cpj
cpj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Prs-505
going back to ebook library 2.5 ?

Hi,

I am having so many problems since I've installed the 3.0 library software. On one of my computers it has installed but will not connect to the sony store (I've tried everything I can find on these forums), while on the other, it will install but will not open.

I have two requests:
  1. I wonder if anyone might be able to post a link to where I can download library 2.5 as I can't find it on the Sony website, and
  2. If I need to manually uninstall files after getting rid of 3.0? I'm thinking of having to locate and delete kinoma files when uninstalling version 2.5

Thanks
cpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'd appreciate the link also. The new version is a lump, died yesterday, and now it doesn't open at all.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm guessing this thread should sort both of you out, link to software and instructions included.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
THANKS! It's just been a mess with the new version. I read on my PC at work during slow times, because for some reason, they don't mind that but do look at me funny if I'm using my reader. The new software didn't let me import my own 505 books or even add bookmarks to remember where I left off reading. I thought it was going to fatally terminate my whole computer yesterday.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #5
cpj
cpj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Prs-505
Thank you

Thank you so much, it's such a relief to be able to go back to 2.5!
cpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I hadn't run eBook Library since 3.0 came out (I buy and download books in bulk) so I upgraded to 3.0 - which was a bad mistake. Under my installation of 64-bit Windows 7 it doesn't actually launch at all. There's a process that runs - but it never actually does anything. Also, even when I don't have the software installed at all (because I tried removing it completely) the install wizard tells me that it's already running.

Needless to say, I found this thread, downloaded 2.5 again, and things are now working great again.

But I'm amazed that the older version works while the new one does not.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:54 AM   #7
mikeywilliams25
Enthusiast
mikeywilliams25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD and Aura h2O
My library stopped working.
Would show up in processes but not on screen.

I remembered that I had recently changed the dep (data execution prevention i think) settings.

So I changed the dep setting (in systems, advanced) to only essentials and then it worked fine.
mikeywilliams25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Hmm. By default DEP (and I haven't changed anything) is only enabled for essential Windows services and programs. It's odd, though, that those are exactly the symptoms I saw...
Old 10-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
I hadn't run eBook Library since 3.0 came out (I buy and download books in bulk) so I upgraded to 3.0 - which was a bad mistake. Under my installation of 64-bit Windows 7 it doesn't actually launch at all. There's a process that runs - but it never actually does anything. Also, even when I don't have the software installed at all (because I tried removing it completely) the install wizard tells me that it's already running.

Needless to say, I found this thread, downloaded 2.5 again, and things are now working great again.

But I'm amazed that the older version works while the new one does not.
I was on Vista 32-bit, and I wasn't able to run 3.0 correctly, so I came back to 2.5 too.
Now I have changed for a new notebook, and I installed Windows 7 64-bit in it.
3.0 isn't running in it either, except in Windows Vista SP2 (or less) compatibility !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #10
JasonB
Connoisseur

So, it's possible that compatibility mode will get it working for me too. I might try that at some point. But is it worth it? Does 3.0 actually do anything significantly different that 2.5?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
Now I have changed for a new notebook, and I installed Windows 7 64-bit in it.
3.0 isn't running in it either, except in Windows Vista SP2 (or less) compatibility !
Well, that means it IS running right?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
Idoine
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

As I don't have a Sony PRS600 to test it (yet ! ), I don't know if all is ok.
But it opens, I can access to my eBook store account and download my free ebooks, and I can make some collections too.

PS : I can say it is running, yes, as even the compatibility mode didn't do the trick for me on my other computer with Vista SP2 32-bit...

Last edited by Idoine; 10-09-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
JasonB
Connoisseur

Quote:
So, it's possible that compatibility mode will get it working for me too. I might try that at some point. But is it worth it? Does 3.0 actually do anything significantly different that 2.5?
Okay, so to answer myself <grin>, I did finally install 3.0 again - and then get it to work by setting XP SP2 compatibility. And, no, aside from the different looking interface, I haven't spotted anything functionally different. (And while the UI looks different - I have no idea if it looks "better" or not.) I'm not really sure what the point of the update was...
Old 10-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Idoine

Quote:
Okay, so to answer myself <grin>, I did finally install 3.0 again - and then get it to work by setting XP SP2 compatibility. And, no, aside from the different looking interface, I haven't spotted anything functionally different. (And while the UI looks different - I have no idea if it looks "better" or not.) I'm not really sure what the point of the update was...
One new point is that the UI comes in several languages (I have it in french now )
Old 10-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #15
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Another new point...it supposedly works with Macs--note supposedly! Also, with the new upgrade you don't actually need Adobe Digital Editions to authorize ADE DRMed ePubs and PDFs.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote