Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2008, 04:54 AM   #1
joesun
joesun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Reading Kindle .azw file in HanLin Reader

I own both Kindle and HanLin V3. How can I read Amazon's .azw file with HanLin reader? I am doing this because HanLin is more handy. I tried to rename the file extension to .prc but mobireader come up a message that Amazon is not on their publisher partner list.
joesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The only way is to strip the DRM, using mobidedrm, to create a DRM-free MOBI version. You need the Kindle PID to do this, which can be found via kindlepid - see Visual Kindle Guide. The guide covers the python scripts kindlepid.py and kindlefix.py, but mobidedrm.py is similar to kindlefix except for its argument list.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please note, however, that DRM removal is illegal in many countries.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote