Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
So is this going to be as successful as Google Glass?

Shari
...or Nexus Q
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
P.S. it really does look like an Air Freshner.
My first thought when I saw it.
Advert
Old 05-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #33
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Here's one, also from the Verge that's perhaps a bit less biased.
Good article. Thanks!
Google definitely has the best ecosystem and potential. But it will depend how deeply they are willing to invest in this. They have let some things wither and invested very little in other things. Google Books for instance. It will be interesting to see who is on board when it actually releases, and the price.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #34
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
So is this going to be as successful as Google Glass?

Shari
Could be even worse, like the Fire Phone
Old 05-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #35
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

I'll say once more, in order to innovate you must have (perhaps many) failures. Google recognizes this and doesn't hide it behind closed doors like the second most valuable company.

Is the air freshener look a good or bad thing?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Bad thing, because it's very ugly. I wouldn't display that thing in my living room. If I had one, I'd hide it so it was completely out of sight. The Echo, OTOH, is quite elegant and displays quite nicely.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #37
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Bad thing, because it's very ugly. I wouldn't display that thing in my living room. If I had one, I'd hide it so it was completely out of sight. The Echo, OTOH, is quite elegant and displays quite nicely.
I was thinking honey where is the Google Home?
Oh, I threw it away because I thought it was a used up air freshener.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Really excited about this but the price tag is probably going to be a lot more than Alexa. I use Google Now for alot of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #39
Conan46
Fanatic

Quote:
I wonder if they did that intentionally? "As harmless as an air freshener"?
Google is going to have serious issues that Amazon does not have. Likely Google Home will ultimately be available world wide, and Europe loves to take Google to task. Privacy issues will finally be hashed out about these things, something the Echo has largely avoided.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:08 PM   #40
Conan46
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Really excited about this but the price tag is probably going to be a lot more than Alexa. I use Google Now for alot of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I would be surprised if it costs more than Echo, of course if the speaker is much more expensive that could up the price. The device has no buttons, looks very uncomplicated.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:24 PM   #41
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Yes, I just bought three of them at the supermarket. Haven't been able to get them to join my network though.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #42
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Will Google Home be available out of the US? The Echo isn't, so Google may have the advantage there if they do release to other countries.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yes, I just bought three of them at the supermarket. Haven't been able to get them to join my network though.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #44
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Depends...does it smell of tuna?
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Depends...does it smell of tuna?