Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #451
leband
leband began at the beginning.

Device: kpw
I have kpw and cm 2.3.3. I can't return from book to collection. When l am reading book and I pressed "<" then I don't return to collection books. Instead of I get blank page. What do I do wrong?
leband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #452
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
That happens a lot, leband. But not always. Just press home. The funny thing is, the screen is not refreshing to show the change, but it has changed, usually. If you touch somewhere on the blank screen, you might advance it to whatever you touched.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #453
jack5959
jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.

Device: kindle touch
Smile Help about K5 collections

Hi!
Thank you for this great great jailbreak, made without problem on my K5 by my husband (with a boot usb key).
I wanted to use Collections Manager + Calibre:
Several series of collections created (laboriously but successfully).
I did not create sub-collections.
Unfortunately I can not finish my latest collections.
File Ixtab "active content, Collections Manager" on the K5 does not work:
Empty file... No checkboxes and an error message said to contact Amazon.
I tried to replace the file in the documents K5 ... But same error. Do you have a solution? Thank you. cordially

PS what is the max of books in a collection??
jack5959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #454
jack5959
jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.jack5959 has never been to obedience school.

Hi,
I have perhaps not posted in the right place?
I am looking for: how to creating collections now? The file is corrupted. How to get a new file Ixtab in function? Can anyone advise me? or tell me where to ask this question? Thank you very much.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #455
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
You have posted in the correct thread, but I don't know what to answer.

Maybe: try rebooting the Kindle and/or reinstalling the prerequisites and/or application. Or post the output of developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log on the USB drive...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #456
jack5959

Thank you for your help. I use google translator to read / write. Also, I'm not sure to understand everything. You say restart the kindle: I did multiple times, by menu, and button down too.
So: for the crash log, I do not understand where they are written.
1) Do I run the manager collections file Ixtab, having put the key initial boot usb jailbreak, or do I use any usb key? Or do this crash log file will be written on the K5?
2) In the worst case, can I delete / restart the jailbreak? Maybe this will erase all your files and I could start your additions (new wallpaper png, and the collections manager?)
3) I do not know how to index the books .... (it's written the books are not indexed)
4) The two dictionaries of K5 disappeared (French and English) from the jailbreak. Or they no longer work. I do not see any case where they went ...
If I can make the collections, can I (after) switch to 5.3 with Amazon? (This will retrieve the dictionaries?) Or will I run the risk that the jailbreak is short-circuited by Amazon? ...

It is a bit of a chore, but I want so these collections on the K5
Thank you for helping me.

Last edited by jack5959; 03-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #457
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack5959 View Post
Thank you for your help. I use google translator to read / write. Also, I'm not sure to understand everything. You say restart the kindle: I did multiple times, by menu, and button down too.
So: for the crash log, I do not understand where they are written.
when you connect your kindle to the pc, then you are on "USB-ROOT"
there you find a folder called "developer", go in, then go to folder "Collections Manager", then folder "work", there you should find the crash.log

maybe i dont understand right, but what do you mean with "button down", on the K5 you have no down button, only on a K4
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #458
jack5959

Good evening. I said bottom button (near the USB socket) ....
I looked at the forum and saw that some thought that the collections of over 100 ebooks make problems. I had collections > 200. I've upgraded my collections (on my computer, in Calibre) for going under 100. Currently, on the K5, I have created 15 collections. 1 is empty. Many many books are out of collections. I find the crash log:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[31/03/12 17:04] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.ui.EntriesPanel.mouse Released(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent( Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(C ompiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Compi led Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHi erarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHier archy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknow n Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
a large number of lines like: [31/03/12 17:04] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Heap memory is low: 18% is free. (with percent number ~all different)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
some lines like: [31/03/12 17:18] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is long73848 KB
some lines like: [31/03/12 17:33] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
User interface call took longer than 5000ms.
some lines like [31/03/12 19:02] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
The application is frozen because an event on the event dispatch thread is hung.
some lines like [31/03/12 19:03] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Task exceeded maximum duration of 5000 MILLISECONDS
some lines like [31/03/12 19:05] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
some lines like [01/04/12 16:02] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.catalog.WorkingSearch Cache.init(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.catalog.Catalog$1.run (Unknown Source)
I cut , I cut and hope this post is not too long ...So doctor?

Last edited by jack5959; 03-06-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #459
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh my... thanks for the detailed report. I'll go into detail about each of the messages below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack5959 View Post
Good evening. I said bottom button (near the USB socket) ....
I looked at the forum and saw that some thought that the collections of over 100 ebooks make problems. I had collections > 200. I've upgraded my collections (on my computer, in Calibre) for going under 100. Currently, on the K5, I have created 15 collections. 1 is empty. Many many books are out of collections.
I don't know about such a limit. I think I've seen success reports for several thousand books.... Anyway: If you put a lot of books on the kindle at the same time, it will be indexing them for a long time (possibly for days!). Indexing is very CPU intensive, and may be the cause of some of the errors below.
Quote:
I find the crash log:
[31/03/12 17:04] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.ui.EntriesPanel.mouse Released(Unknown Source)
--- snip ---
That is not an expected message, but it shouldn't harm. Anyway, it shouldn't occur in 2.3.4 anymore.

Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
a large number of lines like: [31/03/12 17:04] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Heap memory is low: 18% is free. (with percent number ~all different)
some lines like: [31/03/12 17:18] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Memory usage is in a critical state. Memory used is long73848 KB
That is - unfortunately - normal, and is due to the limited RAM on the Kindle. It shouldn't matter.

Quote:
some lines like: [31/03/12 17:33] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
some lines like [31/03/12 19:02] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
The application is frozen because an event on the event dispatch thread is hung.
some lines like [31/03/12 19:03] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
Task exceeded maximum duration of 5000 MILLISECONDS
some lines like [31/03/12 19:05] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
These are the lines which correspond to "the application could not be started" messages. There is nothing I can do about them. They are caused by the Kindle being extremely busy with other stuff (like indexing hundreds of books), and not having enough CPU power to even *start* the App. You would get the same message for every other .azw2 app, I assume. The only thing you can do is wait until the Kindle isn't busy with other stuff.

Quote:
some lines like [01/04/12 16:02] Collections Manager (v. 2.3.3)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.catalog.WorkingSearch Cache.init(Unknown Source)
at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.catalog.Catalog$1.run (Unknown Source)
I cut , I cut and hope this post is not too long ...So doctor?
And this one is completely unexpected, too. The only explanation I have is that you have corrupt books, which do not have a title... Anyway, this one should also be fixed in version 2.3.4 (download in first post).

So... that's essentially all I know. Try version 2.3.4. If it times out on start, your Kindle is too busy (probably indexing). Either delete books, or wait. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas...
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #460
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
leaving the usb cable connected to power during indexing of hundreds of books is a "good idea" also.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #461
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Oh my... thanks for the detailed report. I'll go into detail about each of the messages below.

I don't know about such a limit. I think I've seen success reports for several thousand books.... Anyway: If you put a lot of books on the kindle at the same time, it will be indexing them for a long time (possibly for days!). Indexing is very CPU intensive, and may be the cause of some of the errors below.

I do 900 no bother... on a DX!

These are the lines which correspond to "the application could not be started" messages. There is nothing I can do about them. They are caused by the Kindle being extremely busy with other stuff (like indexing hundreds of books), and not having enough CPU power to even *start* the App. You would get the same message for every other .azw2 app, I assume. The only thing you can do is wait until the Kindle isn't busy with other stuff.

There are apps that HOG stuff and dont shut down cleanly, or have memory leaks...
Give it a full reboot and if in doubt dig around in htop for any likely candiates that are hogging stuff. (usbnetwoking provides htop)

And this one is completely unexpected, too. The only explanation I have is that you have corrupt books, which do not have a title... Anyway, this one should also be fixed in version 2.3.4 (download in first post).

I have had a bad book or two myself. its a bugger to find them but yeah even one bad book can mangle the process. try maybe 50 at a time and see how you go. hunt it down that way (I had to one time. it was really dull) but nothing to do with the app

So... that's essentially all I know. Try version 2.3.4. If it times out on start, your Kindle is too busy (probably indexing). Either delete books, or wait. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas...
same here but those "not terrible best practices" I splattered in MAY help
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #462
jack5959

Thanks !!!
@Ixtab
Quote:
I bought the K5 which was reset .... Put some ebooks. Cried immediately before the manual collections. Sought a "solution google" and found your jailbreak ...
All my ebooks have a blanket, title and author checked. I think my base is not too bad: I had already many (but probably not all) controls by the module "quality check" into Calibre ... Max of mobi come from calibre.
I'll still watch what I forgot to test the quality of the encoding epub?
@ Ixtab Thank you for your explanations. I'll watch collections version 2.3.4. (I have not watched how (I will tonight) ...)
I hope that replacing the file.bin in 2.3.4 will be enough to redo my collections?

About indexing: I wanted to do after my imports collections ...

Help: I saw that indexing discharge the kindle and lasts for hours and hours ...
What do you recommend? Index by collection??? Collections with 250 books are possible?
Or do I clear the books of K5 first? Or index all by K5? Only after create collections?
What manipulation launch this indexing? Just on activate the K5???
Thank you for help...

Last edited by jack5959; 03-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #463
ixtab
(offline)

You cannot influence the indexing process. As soon as you put a book on the Kindle, the device starts indexing it. And if you put 1000 books on the Kindle, it will start indexing 1000 books...

About the rest of your post, I can only guess what you were trying to say.
- Yes, it's enough to replace CollectionsManager.azw2
- No, the previous version was not "corrupted". But the new one has more error checks and tries to prevent a few of the problems which you previously reported (and which were not expected to occur).
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #464
jack5959

Thank you! I look at evening.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #465
jack5959

Is it possible to create new collections from calibre after adding ebooks? I have all rename my collections in calibre.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks