Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #1
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Question Kindle Paperwhite 2(2013) fw 5.7.2.1 jailbreak/downgrade

Hi. I'm looking for a way to jailbreak my kindle pw2. Unfortunately, I needed to do a factory reset, and while registering my device software update happened. Since then I started my research. This lead me here. Is there anyone with the same problem, who found the solution? Will the jailbreak performed through serial port work?
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
- - - -
Will the jailbreak performed through serial port work?
On a PW-2?
Yes.
There is a sticky thread on the subject of serial jailbreaking (the procedure is the same for all touchscreen models - with the possible exception of the Oasis).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downgrade, fw5.7.2.1, jailbreak, kw2