Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #16
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Hi,

could you put an option into the plugin that exports items from the categories? Or is there already a way to do it?
Firedancer885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #17
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Firedancer885 - I'm afraid I have no idea what you are suggesting. Export of what to what? Give as much details as to the what/why so we can suggest a response.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Firedancer885 - I'm afraid I have no idea what you are suggesting. Export of what to what? Give as much details as to the what/why so we can suggest a response.
Sorry, I'm not native english. Basically I need a printable list of the values in the different columns. Just the list of values and the corresponding column, not which book the value belongs to. (I want to do a cleanup in my fanfiction library.) I use FFDL to download fiction and set it up so that specific metadata goes to different columns. (Genre, Category and characters). Only problem, authors sometimes confuse them, so pairing end up in category or genre. I need the lists to weed out what to move to a different column.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #19
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid you are going to have to spell it out with a specific example as I still don't understand. User Categories don't have "columns"? A user category is just a list of "things", where those "things" could be an author, a genre or whatever. Which when clicked on displays books that match. So I really don't understand what you are doing, nor do I use the FFDL plugin to guess sorry.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:09 AM   #20
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Sorry I need a printable list of the "available items" displayed on the left side of the "User Categories Editor" window. In my last reply I referred back to the "search and sort" section of the main gui. Your "available items" are the values in the different columns, are they not?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
Koriander
Koriander began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sometime there is a crash:

calibre, version 0.8.66
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

calibre, version 0.8.66
FEHLER: Nicht abgefangener Fehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.user_category.action", line 159, in about_to_show_action_sub_menu
File "calibre_plugins.user_category.action", line 193, in append_unique_data_from_row
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
Koriander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #22
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.5.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add fixes to handle cases of blank authors and tags
Old 01-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #23
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Suggestion: Could there be a "move to category" function within the hierarchy on the side instead of just add/remove? I made a user category of one thing, then decided I wanted to split it into sub categories. I can't just move them in, and I can't multi-select to do it en masse. I don't mind picking each tag individually, but I would like to be able to "move" as opposed to "adding" from one and "removing" from the other. Thanks.
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #24
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.5.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a Move menu option to support moving books between user categories
  • Prevent plugin being used in Device View or on Device View context menu
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #25
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Thank you!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
I LOVE THIS PLUGIN! It took me from three libraries to one.

A question, purely out of curiosity: can I add my own icons? When I tried to put it in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\resources\images folder it gave me an "you don't have permission to save in this folder".

Doesn't matter one way or the other, just curious.

Kiwidude you are a genius!
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #27
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@tarisea - glad you like it. To change icons, you don't put them in the calibre program files resources/images folder (as they would get overwritten every time you install a new version of calibre). Instead you put them in the resources/images folder within your "configuration" area. (See Preferences->Miscellaneous->Open calibre configuration). There is more information on this thread.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #28
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Got it I think. Tucked it into \AppData\Roaming\calibre and it let me grab it. Thanks

Kiwidude I have an idea for a new plugin. Are you interested? And if you are where can I send you the info?
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
I have an idea for a new plugin. ... where can I send you the info?
Add it to the sticky post at the top of this forum titled, Plugin ideas... add yours here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #30
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast

Ok, still love this plugin. Got a new computer, new library, yadda yadda yadda, and as of either 64-bit Calibre, new Windows 8, or the newest version of Calibre (0.9.26), it has stopped functioning. I uninstalled, reinstalled and tried again. It won't let me set up the categories. I do not know what the issue is. I hadn't had a chance to set up the category scheme, but I did notice that it has an arrow beside it like it has a dropdown menu and doesn't.