Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #16
brauckmiller
Edge User

Issue with some PDFs on the eInk side. If the page has images, reflow does not allow you to move to the next page in the PDF. It recycles back to the beginning of the page. EE says this is a bug in the Adobe code which will be upgraded in the upcoming release...whenever that is.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
NiaTrue
Edge User

Sjarrell, it's funny: I'm fairly certain I've been using the parentheses without incident until about a week ago. Not sure what changed. I hadn't downloaded any new software at the time I noticed the change in behavior of the parentheses--and as you say, it's only the closing/right one (and I tested again to make sure mine still works properly if tapped on the left side of the key and it does). If the update doesn't fix it, this should move toward the top of their next to-do list.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #18
janvangastel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
(and I tested again to make sure mine still works properly if tapped on the left side of the key and it does)
I also tried and on my Edge it also works (I use the stylus to tap on the left side).

Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
dontpanic
Edge User

sjarrel,

I can confirm that this issue with the brackets is resolved in the upcoming Dingo release. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

DP

Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 AM   #20
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
sjarrel,

I can confirm that this issue with the brackets is resolved in the upcoming Dingo release. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

DP
Thank you DP, I knew we can count on you and your co-workers.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #21
brauckmiller
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
sjarrel,

DP
...and Dingo will be out...when???

Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #22
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brauckmiller View Post
...and Dingo will be out...when???
You've probably found the answer already elsewhere on the forum, but Monday's the day!

Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #23
szegan
Edge User

Post Some bugs...

Hi,

I have my eDGe a week now and I start to work with it now. :-) Having not figured out all details probably, but I've noticed some issues that I have not already found reported here. Hope, they are "only" bugs and not features! ;-)

Android keyboard
When I set the German locale in the settings, then the native Android keyboard crashes from time to time (message: "process com.android.inputmethod.latin was suddenly exited.") The only way to get the keyboard usable again, is to switch back to the English locale. - I did not get this behavior for the English setting, which I used today during the whole day.

Open files from a file manager
When I try to open a PDF on an SD card via a file manager (e.g. ES File Explorer) and the file name or the file path contains a space, then I cannot open the PDF via the Library app (popup menu entry "Complete action using... Library") None of the three options ("Add to Library", "Show in Explorer" and "Open") works. Maybe the spaces (represented as "%20" in the info box) will not correctly interpreted.

Export of a website to epub
The eDGe's native browser crashes sometimes when I try to convert a (large?) website to epub (via the built-in option "Display Page on E-Reader").

PDF display
I found some PDFs which will not correctly be opened, there is only an empty page displayed on the E-Ink screen. The PDF seemed not really specific. Once, I opened one in Adobe Acrobat and saved it again, then I could opened the PDF on the E-Ink screen...

Preference "Screen Orientation"
I tried the preference "Screen orientation" in the settings today. When I have unmounted the SD card, then the E-Reader screen switched back to its default rotation, but the LCD screen did not. I had to switched off the preference in order to get both screens in sync again. ;-)

Export of annotations made in PDFs
The export of a PDF with hand-written annotations is dependent on the zoom which was active at the time when the annotations on each page were made. This is quite confusing in my opinion, especially because the result (the newly created PDF) also depends somehow on the export range option as well as on the active page when the export is started.
Thus, sometimes the annotations are misplaced in the created PDF (because of the wrong zoom during the export and because they have not been accordingly scaled)!
In my opinion, I would prefer to export PDFs in the original zoom in general (or to have an option). But this would require to scale the annotations, wouldn't it?

Making annotations
Just a remark, I noticed that making annotations in a PDF is sometimes a bit tricky. Writing in a journal seems to be much more fluent. Also, the hightlighting feature highlights too much text sometimes (maybe this effect depends on the orignal word processing). Do you have similar experiences?

Maybe some of the issues are already fixed with the coming update. This would be great.
Anyway, I like the device and hope to use it productively.

Hope, it's okay to provide this long list in one posting.

Regards. :-)