Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Problems adding fonts on KT

Hi!

I just discovered that you can add your own fonts to the KT. I read the instructions on the KT and here on the forum, but I cannot get the fonts to show up.

I added a folder called "fonts" (lower case "f") in the .kobo subfolder, dragged my fonts into it (Arial, Bookman Old Style, Century Gothic, Comic Sans, Corbel, Maiandra GD, Palitino (sp?), and Verdana). I ejected the reader, powered it off (not sleep mode!), powered it back on and checked the font selection in both a sideloaded epub and a kpub. Nothing showed up.

When I dragged the fonts over, they "exploded" into individual font files, not the "collection" file that shoes up in my laptop fonts folder.

I'm running firmware .16.

Thank you for any help!

Update: Problem solved! I watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU7JpaKlyMc and did it exactly as he showed and now it works!

Last edited by VirgoGirl; 04-14-2012 at 09:34 AM.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
keepsake
keepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of lightkeepsake is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Just as a general note, the Kobo Touch doesn't seem to support .ttc files. It supports only individual .ttf files. I had to extract one of my .ttc files into .ttf to get it to recognize the font.
keepsake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
the fonts directory should be in the root, not in the .kobo...
I've asked this guy http://atouchofkobo.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/260/ to do that test for me... it worked perfectly, and now wife and I are reading Japanese ebooks with bo problem at all.
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote