Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3, Kobo glow
Bad response from touch

Hi,

I just got 3 Touch' for my daughter, my wife and I.

My wife's KT touch screen seems to hang periodically. It recovers eventually (no reset needed), sometimes catching up several actions.

Mine almost never remembers the page I was reading when I return from the library.

They all have the latest firmware.

Are these known issue ?

Thanks
magphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I have noticed with the newest firmware that a few things lag like searching in a book and table of contents.

It should be remembering your page, what format is the book in?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I only read drm free epubs, loaded with calibre.

My wife's kobo sometimes even hangs for a while when turning pages.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
How many books are on the device? I've heard of it slowing down when a ton of books are on it and the memory card.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
magphil
Connoisseur

There are only around 10 books.
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
I also have issues with the touchscreen, I am not sure if it is the reaction to the touch or the recognition of the touch itself that makes it laggy. It seems to be more of the later, though, since my tap to turn a page is alsmost never recognized, when using the thumb or forefinger, but it works most of the time when using the middlefinger (which is a little unhandy) Also it is more like it doesn't do anything at all at a tap, not try to catch up with several taps, although that sometimes happens, too.

I am not sure how the infrared-screen works, meaning under which conditions it works best. It seems in colder environments it works better than at home with decent room-temperature.

Edit: I downgraded from fw 1.9.16 to fw 1.9.14 and now the touch works fine and there are no lags any more...

Last edited by voom; 01-06-2012 at 10:00 AM.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote