Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Cannot convert illustrations to mobi

Following Harry's tutorial I created a book in BD, complete with illustrations (cut and paste). It looks fine when I have it in BD, but when I try and convert it, either within BD or import with MobiCreator, illustrations disappear. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
In what format are these illustrations, Debra?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They were jpeg. Attached is one. I inserted in into BD, resized, but it won't convert. Thanks, Patricia Debra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Figure__BS_01.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	22087  
Old 01-26-2009, 03:02 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
When you make the book in Mobi Creator, do you get warnings about the illustrations not being found? I suspect that you have the illustrations in the wrong place - they need to be in the same folder as the HTML file for the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It might be that your illustrations are too big. Some implementations of the Mobipocket Reader can't handle images bigger than 63KiB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Following Harry's tutorial I created a book in BD, complete with illustrations (cut and paste). It looks fine when I have it in BD, but when I try and convert it, either within BD or import with MobiCreator, illustrations disappear. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Debra
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It might be that your illustrations are too big. Some implementations of the Mobipocket Reader can't handle images bigger than 63KiB.
True, but if you use Mobi Creator, it automatically reduces the "quality factor" of JPEGs to reduce them below 64k in size.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Harry, I just copied and pasted the pictures into the Book Designer in the correct places. Are you saying I should treat them like links, which you explained very well, by the way? Thanks, Debra
Old 01-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You're creating MobiPocket books, yes?

When you import a picture into BD, it creates its own copy of the file, and gives it a name which is a random number. When you exit BD, you'll find BD's copes of all the pictures in the "LastFile" folder. When you then export the BD book as HTML, it's BD's copies of the pictures in the "LastFile" folder that you need to copy, NOT your original illustrations.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks, Harry. I followed your tutorial, even downloaded the right version of MP Creator (Professional, not Home), but I get errors for each of the illustrations. I will go back and try it again, but I am thinking maybe I don't really need illustrations Debra
Old 01-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I followed your tutorial, even downloaded the right version of MP Creator (Professional, not Home), but I get errors for each of the illustrations.
A new option for MOBI creation is Calibre. This is still in beta test, but I found that the following works: a) export FB2 from BookDesigner, b) import (Add Books) FB2 into Calibre, c) Export MOBI (Convert Ebooks; Output: MOBI). The MOBI generation takes a while, and make sure you have the latest version of Calibre (0.4.131) because MOBI bugs are being fixed as they come up.

I don't know if FB2 is the best starting point, and there is no guide to Calibre MOBI creation, but this should get you an ebook with illustrations.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks, Harry. I followed your tutorial, even downloaded the right version of MP Creator (Professional, not Home), but I get errors for each of the illustrations. I will go back and try it again, but I am thinking maybe I don't really need illustrations Debra
What does the error message say?