Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: I just have to know......
I have a cell phone and read exclusively on it. (regardless of brand) 1 2.00%
I have a cell phone, but read only on my dedicated e-book reader. 33 66.00%
I read both on my cell and dedicated e-book read, it doesn't matter. 5 10.00%
I'll read on my cell only if I have to. 11 22.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I just gotta know (cell phone poll)

Currently we have over 150 people who list the Iphone or pda device on the "which device do you own" poll.

Now, are these devices you have in addition to your dedicated ebook reader, or do you read exclusively on them?

Wait for the poll.........and this poll is only for those who have cell phones, please!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I clicked only the Reader, since I don't use my iPod touch as an ereader, nor my cell phone (on the original poll that is).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I clicked only the Reader, since I don't use my iPod touch as an ereader, nor my cell phone (on the original poll that is).
Thats great, thanks, lj. I just can't believe there are so many out there who read on their cells. But then, maybe there are?
Old 02-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Nice simple poll dg, only 4 options. I wonder how long it will take to reach the 30 max. Mods, please....
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Nice simple poll dg, only 4 options. I wonder how long it will take to reach the 30 max. Mods, please....

I'm trying to keep it simple!
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I have Mobi Installed on my cell phone, but i hardly ever read on it cause I bring my ebook reader with me everywhere. same goes for Itouch.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I like to get the same book on both my Sony and on my iPhone. Normally I'd read on my Sony but I always have my iPhone at hand and being able to keep reading is a treat.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
You forgot one! "I only use my cell phone to make (OMG) phone calls!"
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneFancher View Post
You forgot one! "I only use my cell phone to make (OMG) phone calls!"
Not with THIS group!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I'm not voting as I don't even have a cell phone. If I did have a cell phone, I would still read only on my ereader. I am very near-sighted and don't focus well so a cell phone would be too small to do any real reading.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
The only reading I do on my mobile phone is text messages and caller ID. I'd have to have a phone with a larger screen for reading anything longer than that to be practical.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Currently we have over 150 people who list the Iphone or pda device on the "which device do you own" poll.

Now, are these devices you have in addition to your dedicated ebook reader, or do you read exclusively on them?

Wait for the poll.........and this poll is only for those who have cell phones, please!!
What about me? I have a Touch, didn't want an iPhone. I read on both my reader and my Touch. I mostly use the touch for reading when I am in the dark and don't want to disturb my spouse.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #13
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I like to get the same book on both my Sony and on my iPhone. Normally I'd read on my Sony but I always have my iPhone at hand and being able to keep reading is a treat.
That's the route I go, only with my Sony & Touch.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #14
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Personally I would switch the thread's title to something more descriptive of the poll. I only looked cause I like DG. A casual user who isn't as familiar with everyone but who the poll is aimed at might not be as curious as me.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Although I chose have a cell phone but only read on dedicated reader, a better response for me would be: have a cell phone; rarely ever turn it on; when turned on, it is used to make a telephone call; read ebooks solely on my Sony Reader.

If I could do away with "gadgets" in my life, I would do away with my cell phone, my laptop, and my TV without hesitation. I have tried -- unsuccessfully -- to cancel my cell phone and my cable TV but "she who must be obeyed" has directed otherwise. Under no circumstance (at least currently) would I do away with my Sony Reader. Love ebook reading on it.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote