Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #631
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Thank you for reply thomass,
I'm also using Ubuntu, actually Lubuntu.

Anyway, I checked Babylon but there I can't find any dict to download, only some Windows .exe Babylon 9 setup file?!

Thanks again.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #632
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_g View Post
Thank you for reply thomass,
I'm also using Ubuntu, actually Lubuntu.

Anyway, I checked Babylon but there I can't find any dict to download, only some Windows .exe Babylon 9 setup file?!

Thanks again.
Download it, click to open, it **should** just open and run under Wine. (Most flavors of Ubuntu have Wine installed by default.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #633
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
only some Windows .exe Babylon 9 setup file?!
may try to "open" this .exe file with 7Zip.
also try to search on google for a babylon dict.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:15 AM   #634
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And if neither of the above work, there is always cabextract.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #635
Phalangees
Phalangees began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but are page turns slow for anyone else? If I put it on "instant," they aren't really any faster than "fit page," but the text looks way worse, since there is no anti-aliasing. Any suggestions? I'm running the 7-13 version.

Thanks.
Phalangees is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #636
Jonny8
Jonny8 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
For everyone who does not want to spend hours for downloading duokan
http://multishared.com/7ibmq405xdz0/...C13091.rtm.zip
some hosters.
hf
Jonny8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #637
Tain
Tain began at the beginning.

Is there a change log? I noticed the first post had one but I don't believe it's updated.
Tain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 AM   #638
cyrilhopkins
the_funtom
cyrilhopkins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The page number offset will be the same throughout the document. If the image document has continuous page numbers.

If the document is section number - page of section format, you will have to do the offset mental math for each section.
I understand the offset part of it....because of the underlying conversion process. I'm sorry I wasn't very clear on the problem I face.

[Duokan 2012] Once I access the index from the any page in the book, click on a certain link indexed, it just doesn't budge, but the screen flashes and just stays on the same page. This happens no matter what page you're at and try and jump to a certain page in the index.

Where as in the older Lite2011-12-08.C3283 that I still use this doesn't happen. It works smoothly.

This I feel essential as I browse through a lot of academic books which run upto 1000 pages and its difficult to jump across to a different chap or section...unless the index works.
cyrilhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:10 AM   #639
cyrilhopkins
the_funtom
cyrilhopkins began at the beginning.

Is this the latest version after c13072?
cyrilhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #640
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
@thomass, knc1

Anyway this exe file doesn't have any dictionary. Also dones't work under wine.
I will try to find other babylon .dict files.

Any chance to change original Kindle .azw oxford dictionary to dict?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalangees View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but are page turns slow for anyone else? If I put it on "instant," they aren't really any faster than "fit page," but the text looks way worse, since there is no anti-aliasing. Any suggestions? I'm running the 7-13 version.
Thanks.
That's the point of FAST page change, no antialiasing faster change.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #641
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Anyway this exe file doesn't have any dictionary. Also dones't work under wine.
this page may be useful

Quote:
I will try to find other babylon .dict files.
Google: "bgl english dictionary"

Did you try these links?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
sources for stardict dictionaries:How to create your own stardict dictionaries: see this post also this page.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #642
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

is possible to see "chapter marks" in k4nt in progress bar using duokan 2012? i can´t see it...
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #643
Tain
Tain began at the beginning.

Is there a way to display page number instead of percentage read? Also what is the "QuiShiBaike" option about? It recently started working with the new update.
Tain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #644
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
I don't know why this thread has been going inactive lately.you guys were doing a pretty good job of helping in installation,telling about the changelog of latest versions,etc.now,duokan r5 has release, does anybody know if it supports kindle touch localisation english.I know I should probably chechout by myself but I am just kind of nervous in these kind of things.I know duokan is not working on localidation but still there may be a chance......
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #645
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Is this forum dead?
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf