Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Angry Sony support (oh my god)

I wonder how many people had bad experience like me with Sony support?
My reader stopped to synchronize with PC software, after resetting everything I decided to call tech support to send them to fix it. Grueling in itself (took 1 week to convince them it's an issue and sending all kind of proof of purchase). I send my precious reader to them.
Surprise, I am getting a bill for $369 . Calling them and they tell me the item is physically broken. I know I send them a perfect item, this reader is like my baby. So I am understandably upset and asking what makes them think it's not them who broke it. They send me the pictures with no dates with a scratch on top of my reader, that might have come from screwdriver of technician slipped when opening it. I am going to continue this saga, but I am curious if anybody have simular experience and what did they do about it.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
InspectorGadget
Enthusiast
InspectorGadget is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500
Keep fighting them and keep asserting your point. Get the address of Sony execs and write a letter to them. Get names every time you talk to them, and keep written notes with date and times noted.

The RMA gives them specific legal responsibilities.

Damage like that is very unlikely to happen in transit unless the box had piercings. I assume you packed "your baby" very well? The most likely explanation is that some technician damaged it like you suspected and he is now lying to protect his ego (and possibly job). Keep fighting them.

If you live in the USA you can threaten to file a fraud complaint with the state Attorney General and/or a small-claims-court case.

Above all stay calm and just keep repeating your claim -- that you shipped it in perfect condition and either shipper damaged it or one of them did and they have the responsibility to file a claim with the shipper but overall they have the responsibility to return a unit to you in the condition you sent it out.

I often photograph an item I'm shipping in for repair so they can't claim some kind of pre-existing damage. (But this doesn't help you now, I know.)

Oh, one idea -- double-check that the serial number matches. Ask them to verify the serial number by reading from the back of the device. If they're just going by an RMA tag there's a chance that someone in receiving or processing got units switched around!
InspectorGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #3
jsuplido
@jsuplido
jsuplido began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, PRS-300
OMG, it's Sony Clie support "quality" all over again. I thought they would have learned by now.

Sorry to hear about your experience dmikov.
jsuplido is offline   Reply With Quote