Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-03-2003, 01:00 AM   #16
MYSTICG0KU
MYSTICG0KU began at the beginning.

Device: none
** spoiler **
If u haven't read the book and are going 2 u shouldn't read anything on this page. (duh) I hated it when (You-Know-Who) died. You-Know-Who was the most important person 2 harry that was alive. & the way You-Know-Who died wasn't even a good death. They could've at least died saving Harry Potter or entrusting their powers 2 harry, or anything but what happened.
"Harry saw ****** duck Bellatrix's jet of red light: ** was laughing at her. "Come on, you can do better than that!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavernous room. The second jet of light hit him squarely ont the chest. (which was more than likely Avada Kadavra ) Overall the book was great, it was pretty cool how they fought all those dementors like that, especially since they were only using kindergarten spells compared 2 the ones being used against them. One thing i don't like, is how no good guys in the series so far (except 4 that 1 part in the 5th book) has used any dark arts TO FIGHT DEATH EATERS! I know some of u are lifeless enuff 2 say that im wrong in saying no good guy has ever used dark arts because crouch used the imperius curse on crouch jr. I mean are they supposed 2 kill death eaters if they aren't allowed 2? Dumbledore had the oppurtunity 2 erradicate several of the death eaters but he didn't cuz he wuzn't allowed, it makes me wonder if he even knows the curses. Harry should have 2 at least learn avada kadavra cuz how else is he gonna kill voldemort? I guess he could stun him a thousand times. And that part where Harry attacked Bellatrix wuz pretty cool but i wished he had dispensed with the foreplay and went straight for the kill. Another thing that would've made the book 1,000 times better would be if he would've brought Sirius back 2 life. Dumbledore mentioned he had power Voldemort didn't, so maybe he could've went 2 his body and brought him back somehow. Since he is "Harry Potter" he should be able 2 make up his own spells and curses.
MYSTICG0KU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 01:04 AM   #17
MYSTICG0KU

also, am i the only person who thinks that harry was a complete jerk 2 cho in the book. i mean the way he was always angry and walked away as if she was the jerk. but i think if he's gonna get a new girlfriend i know who it'll be....
Old 07-03-2003, 01:05 AM   #18
MYSTICG0KU

LUNA LOVEGOOD
Old 07-03-2003, 02:24 AM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Luna is just too funny
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 02:44 AM   #20
MYSTICG0KU

ya, she is a little weirdo, but throughout the book and more towards the end there were signs of... well u know, but i think if harry doesn't like her it will be because of her hats, but he did feel sorry 4 her at the end of the book
Old 07-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #21
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I agree that Harry was a jerk with Cho, but she was also a hormonal nitwit with him. It's called being 15.

I really don't think Harry'll get together with LL. He didn't even like Treelawney...why would he like Treelawney's psychic offspring?
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #22
MYSTICG0KU

Cho was a little ridikkulus mentioning Cedric all the time but Hermione wuz right, she wuz trying 2 see how much he liked her & 2 see if he wuz jealous. I think if not Cho, it will be harry+luna!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:16 PM   #23
wumpi
Enthusiast
wumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it iswumpi knows what time it is

Heh, I love Harry Potter Do you know any other (fantasy) books like him?
wumpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:37 PM   #24
MYSTICG0KU

lord of the rings is the most popular similar thing i can think of, but it isn't about a teenage boy
Old 07-03-2003, 06:14 PM   #25
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Lord of the Rings was a nice series - but Harry Potter is just great. I've read a couple of other good fantasy books like from Feist, Eddings, Williams, Martin.

Looks like this forum is a very promising new place to discuss and find exactly those books that I like most
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 08:36 PM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ok I just finished the book and I must admit I liked it - though book IV is still my favorite.

My most favorite character in V: McGonagall (love it how she treats Umbridge)
My least favorite character in V: Dumbledore (where was he when Harry needed him?)

Btw, at Salon.com in David Harris' blog you find a summery of each chapter. David has some other interesting things to say about Potter here.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:26 PM   #27
spooty
spooty began at the beginning.

Device: no
Me fav. character! Ich Liebst du Mad-Eye!!!!!!

Oh me goodness...
**spoiler**
I loved the book tons!!! but I must say.. I thought that it was kinda odd that Harry saw sirius fall through the veil. I mean you'd think that sirius would die right in front of him- blody and dead- but no he just... fell... and the worst thing is... NO ONE WILL TELL WHERE THE ARCH LEADS TO!!!!!! what if sirius is still alive?!?!?!? but that seems kinda wierd that no one will say what that thing is any way....... but i must say- over all the books- book 4 was the best...MAD EYE MOODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dursly-"are you threatening me, sir?"
MMM-"Yes,i am." said Mad-Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.
"and do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?" barked Uncle Vernon.
"Well..." said Moody, pushing back his bowler hat to reveal his sinisterly revolving magical eye. Uncle vernon lept back in horor and collided painfully woth a luggage trolly."Yes, I'd have to say you do, Dursley."
spooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:27 PM   #28
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Haahhaa... Mad Eye always sounds like a bloody pirate to me Loved it when he turned Malfoy into a ferret and bounced him around Hogwarts' halls
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:15 PM   #29
RockerChick
Enthusiast
RockerChick began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
Go here a terrific Harry Potter forum with some very interesting discussions. It's rather heavily moderated, but very friendly because of it.
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 12:32 AM   #30
spooty
spooty began at the beginning.

Device: no
? hmm?

So.. was Mad-Eye Moody .......ALWAYS Crouch... or was there a period in there that he was actually Mad-Eye?
spooty is offline   Reply With Quote