Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
iomari
Zealot
iomari doesn't litteriomari doesn't litter

Device: galaxy tab
calibredb

Greetings,

I've finally decided to dig in to calibredb. However, whenever I run calibredb, no matter what options or even just the command alone, I get:

error using calibredb

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/calibredb", line 19, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre/src/calibre/library/cli.py", line 1187, in main
return command(args[2:], dbpath)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre/src/calibre/library/cli.py", line 547, in command_export
do_export(get_db(dbpath, opts), ids, dir, opts)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre/src/calibre/library/cli.py", line 50, in get_db
dbpath = os.path.abspath(dbpath)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 343, in abspath
if not isabs(path):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 53, in isabs
return s.startswith('/')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

I'm using the latest source and have been using it with no probs for some time now.

My OS is opensuse 11.4.

Any ideas anyone?
iomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Is this using the Calibre distirubtion from the Calibre site, or the one that came with OpenSuse? I am only asking as I thought the official Calibre distribution from the Calibre site went into /opt/calibre? Also, you do not mentione the Calibre version you are trying to use - with its frequent update cycle that can be important.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:39 AM   #3
iomari
Zealot

From the calibre site. I gave up on the opensuse version many moons ago.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates you haven't got a saved library path, use the --with-library option.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #5
iomari
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That error indicates you haven't got a saved library path, use the --with-library option.
that did it. thanks.
do I have to include the "--with-library" option each time i run calibredb?
Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think that as longa s you have run the GUI from within the user in question you will hagve a saved path.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
iomari
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I think that as longa s you have run the GUI from within the user in question you will hagve a saved path.
thanks. I was using root from the command line which is not what I use on the gui.