Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
mabri
mabri began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Question Differences between PocketBook 302, 602 and 603

Hello,

I've looked at some descriptions at various sites, but now I am a bit confused.
Other than 3G cellphone network connectivity, what are the (big) differences
between the older 302 and the new 603, please? A touchscreen is recommended for taking
notes about texts on the device, right? How do the note-taking features of the three
devices compare? I hope that the touchscreen doesn't have visible disadvantages for
long reading sessions. Thanks in advance.

Yours,

mabri

Last edited by mabri; 10-31-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added second-last sentence
mabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabri View Post
Hello,

I've looked at some descriptions at various sites, but now I am a bit confused.
Other than 3G cellphone network connectivity, what are the (big) differences
between the older 302 and the new 603, please? A touchscreen is recommended for taking
notes about texts on the device, right? How do the note-taking features of the three
devices compare? I hope that the touchscreen doesn't have visible disadvantages for
long reading sessions. Thanks in advance.

Yours,

mabri
The biggest difference between the touchscreens on the 603 and 392 is the fact that the screen on the 603 does not influence contrast and sharpness of the screen. The PocketBook Pro series has a faster procesor, more internal memory (2gb) and a better screen
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
mabri

Question

Ah thanks (with 392 you surely mean 302+eventual recent changes to newly-sold devices,
or just a typo?).
Are there features the Pocketbook Pro 603 is not having compared to the 302 (in particular
regarding note taking)?

Yours,

mabri
Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Are there features the Pocketbook Pro 603 is not having compared to the 302 (in particular regarding note taking)?
603 is stylus only screen, with special wacom stylus, 302 works with finger or any stylus or stick or just about anything (finger in glove for example). This is not as accurate and affects readability, but is more natural in navigation.
302 has USB host port. That means it can read contents from an USB key. Long ago PocketBook promised that we would be able to connect an USB keyboard (and possibly other USB devices), but there is still no application or driver. We were told that there is beta software in internal testing but it seems that programmers were busy on other projects (like new 602, 603).
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
anjirlly
Groupie
anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle on Android phone; PB360; Sony 950
I've been wondering why the price for the older 302 is so much higher than the new 602 at Dulin's Books. Anything else that justifies it besides the finger touchability and USB host port? Especially since mtravellerh outlined other advantages to the pro series (sharper screen, more memory, faster processor).
anjirlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
302 is more equivalent to the 603 than the 602. 603 will be priced similar to the 302.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #7
mabri

Hello,
so this German post by Forkosigan is not to be interpreted
to mean the Pocketbook 602 will have the same (finger-touch-sensitive!)
screen which the Pocketbook 302 has?
I hope that if I order a Pocketbook 302 today I'll get one with the new,
matte (non-glare) screen (to be more sure, specify it extra?).

Yours,
mabri

Last edited by mabri; 11-02-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: clarified link text
Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello,
so this German post by Forkosigan is not to be interpreted
to mean the Pocketbook 602 will have the same (finger-touch-sensitive!)
screen which the Pocketbook 302 has?
I hope that if I order a Pocketbook 302 today I'll get one with the new,
matte (non-glare) screen (to be more sure, specify it extra?).

Yours,
mabri
We only have the matte 302 in stock. So if you are ordering in Europe, you will get a matte one
Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
mabri

Thanks (it's independent of reseller?).
So the Pocketbook 602 really has no touchscreen? Then I'm pretty much decided on the
Pocketbook 302, as I think a touchscreen is (or should be, I haven't used one on a mobile
device yet) a great usability boost, and I don't really like one only operable with a stylus.

Yours,
mabri

Last edited by mabri; 11-03-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added first sentence with thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Thanks (it's independent of reseller?).
So the Pocketbook 602 really has no touchscreen? Then I'm pretty much decided on the
Pocketbook 302, as I think a touchscreen is (or should be, I haven't used one on a mobile
device yet) a great usability boost, and I don't really like one only operable with a stylus.

Yours,
mabri
Yes, independent (I am Sales Manager Europe).
The 602 hasn't got a touchscreen.
I don't kno about the usability boost, but if you want a real "touch"screen, you better buy a 302, yes.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
Avis
Avis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear all,
I would be very thankful if you give me some hints how I can get pocketbook 603 in Luxembourg or in any other neighbour country but close to Luxembourgish borders.
Many thanks in advance
Avis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #12
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Your options are Germany or the Netherlands. You can try the website http://pocketbook.de/where-to-buy/, or just contact PocketGoods on the forum.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote