Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
Skeezix
Enthusiast
Skeezix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
CBZ conversion to Mobi -- margins too wide

Hi,

When I convert a CBZ to Mobi, it seems to introduce rather wide margins, so the image is much smaller than it needs to be. When I zoom in on the image, it displays it with no margins and it looks much better that way. How can I create a MOBI so it's just like that by default, without having to zoom?
Skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
When I convert a CBZ to Mobi, it seems to introduce rather wide margins, so the image is much smaller than it needs to be. When I zoom in on the image, it displays it with no margins and it looks much better that way. How can I create a MOBI so it's just like that by default, without having to zoom?
Go to Preferences - Output options - Mobi output and check ignore margins.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
Skeezix
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Go to Preferences - Output options - Mobi output and check ignore margins.
I tried that, didn't seem to help.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:43 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried doing a mobi to mobi conversion, with that option checked?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I tried that, didn't seem to help.
Make sure after you change it you restore defaults before conversion to use the new setting.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #6
Skeezix
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Make sure after you change it you restore defaults before conversion to use the new setting.
Huh? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you mean.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:07 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The "ignore margins" setting really should work. I use it all the time when converting ePub books to Mobi.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 AM   #8
Skeezix
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you tried doing a mobi to mobi conversion, with that option checked?
Okay, just tried that. I ended up with a smaller mobi, but same issue with the margins.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #9
Skeezix
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The "ignore margins" setting really should work. I use it all the time when converting ePub books to Mobi.
Dunno what to say, I really, truly, honestly have that checked.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #10
Skeezix
Enthusiast

It's possible that I'm just hitting a Kindle limitation. Maybe there is no way to have the images take up as much space as I want.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It's possible that I'm just hitting a Kindle limitation. Maybe there is no way to have the images take up as much space as I want.
The Kindle does have fairly wide margins. So it's probably the Kindle's normal margins that you are seeing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote