Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Diversion
Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
PRS650 corrupted files?

Hello

Last night I had to remove the PRS-650 without safe removal and use task manager to forcibly shut down the Reader for PC software since the sync seemed stuck in a loop and nothing responded.

Now there is the standard Windows (W7) USB error message everytime I plug it in. It says that there might be a problem with the disk (in this case E: on the reader) because some files might not have been written to it, and asks if I want to attempt to correct it or continue without trying.

If I choose to try and correct, it says it can't because the disk is currently in use (expected).

If I choose to go on without correcting everything seems in order. I did both a soft and a hard reset but the problem persists. I might add that the reader works but it is an annoying problem nonetheless.

As you can see the books that came with the reader have strange filenames, I can't tell if this is intentional or if they became that way last night (they can be opened and read).

Does anybody know what's on H: and I: ? They can't be opened in explorer. Is that the OS and a backup Image of it?

Lastly can I just copy the file structure, do a format, make a backup of the file structure on E: and then copy back the excerpts and notes in order to get the reader the way it was from factory?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS650.PNG
Views:	185
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	95211  
Diversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
Hello

Last night I had to remove the PRS-650 without safe removal and use task manager to forcibly shut down the Reader for PC software since the sync seemed stuck in a loop and nothing responded.

Now there is the standard Windows (W7) USB error message everytime I plug it in. It says that there might be a problem with the disk (in this case E: on the reader) because some files might not have been written to it, and asks if I want to attempt to correct it or continue without trying.

If I choose to try and correct, it says it can't because the disk is currently in use (expected).

If I choose to go on without correcting everything seems in order. I did both a soft and a hard reset but the problem persists. I might add that the reader works but it is an annoying problem nonetheless.

As you can see the books that came with the reader have strange filenames, I can't tell if this is intentional or if they became that way last night (they can be opened and read).

Does anybody know what's on H: and I: ? They can't be opened in explorer. Is that the OS and a backup Image of it?

Lastly can I just copy the file structure, do a format, make a backup of the file structure on E: and then copy back the excerpts and notes in order to get the reader the way it was from factory?
That's just standard naming by some pubs and distributors. Ignore other drives as they're used by reader and not for user access. I'd reformat the drive and reinstall books...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Diversion
Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Diversion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
That's just standard naming by some pubs and distributors. Ignore other drives as they're used by reader and not for user access. I'd reformat the drive and reinstall books...
Oh ok, I'll try that. Thanks
Diversion is offline   Reply With Quote