Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
apheredia
apheredia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-950
Do I need to pay to download my documents stored on Amazon's cloud?

Do I need to pay to download my personal documents stored on Amazon's cloud to my KDX 3G?
apheredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
whoever
Enthusiast
whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Windows XP
Interesting question. KK/K4 is 0.15/MB/3G
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
I've sent PD books to my wifi Kindle, at which point they show up in my archived items. Once they're in my archived items, I'm able to download them to my DXG at no charge. I don't know if this is possible without having 2 Kindles.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschr View Post
I've sent PD books to my wifi Kindle, at which point they show up in my archived items. Once they're in my archived items, I'm able to download them to my DXG at no charge. I don't know if this is possible without having 2 Kindles.
I too have a both kindle keyboard and kindle DXG registered at my account. I am able to send a book to my kindle keyboard's free mail address but it goes to personal documents folder on my amazon page. And i am unable to see it in the archives menu on my kindle DXG. I am able to send it wirelessly to my kindle DXG over Amazon page but is there a way to make the personal documents shown on the archive folder to download from my kindle DXG whenever i want?
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The v2 firmware used by the Kindle DX doesn't support personal documents.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The v2 firmware used by the Kindle DX doesn't support personal documents.
I thought so too, but when mikeschr mentioned about that i wanted to verify if i was missing something or not.

BTW you can send your documents wirelessly to your kindle DXG for free from personal documents sections in your kindle library in the amazon page. But they don't show up in the archive folder on your kindle DXG, or at least i couldn't succeed to make it happen.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The behaviour you're seeing is exactly as expected.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:10 AM   #8
reprep
Addict

I wasn't aware that there was a way to send my documents wirelessly to my kindle DXG for free and now i am happy it is there. Wish it was automatic but at least it doesn't take more than a few clicks on Amazon page.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:16 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
BTW you can send your documents wirelessly to your kindle DXG for free from personal documents sections in your kindle library in the amazon page.
Are you sure that it's free? I was under the impression that there was a charge for sending files via 3G.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:34 AM   #10
reprep
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you sure that it's free? I was under the impression that there was a charge for sending files via 3G.
Well my max charge limit is at 0 and i was able to receive 2 books via 3g for free. All i did was to send the documents to my kindle in personal documents section. Something has changed with the enabling of kindle personal documents program i guess.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
I thought so too, but when mikeschr mentioned about that i wanted to verify if i was missing something or not.

BTW you can send your documents wirelessly to your kindle DXG for free from personal documents sections in your kindle library in the amazon page. But they don't show up in the archive folder on your kindle DXG, or at least i couldn't succeed to make it happen.
This is acually the way I did it. I misspoke when I said I accessed them on the DX from Archived Items. I sent them from the Personal Documents section of the Amazon site to my DX, just as reprep did.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #12
reprep
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschr View Post
This is acually the way I did it. I misspoke when I said I accessed them on the DX from Archived Items. I sent them from the Personal Documents section of the Amazon site to my DX, just as reprep did.
That clears a few things. I can confirm documents sent to your kindle DXG's mail address (free.kindle.com or kindle.com it doesn't matter) are saved in your personal documents folder in amazon.com unless you have disabled archiving personal documents. you can then send your documents to your kindle DXG from the personal documents page by choosing send to. option via 3G even if the whispernet 3g delivery option is off.

Unfortunately there is no way to automatically send the document to your kindle DXG unlike kindle 3s. You have to manually choose the documents you want to send.

It is still useful as it is now. I mail whatever i want from my calibre library and then send them from amazon page thus freeing myself from the cable.