Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Jake Magnus
Jake Magnus began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Looking for publisher...

I'm the author of a german book series ('Frank MacLachlan', see www.atlantis-verlag.de for our publisher in Germany), and we would like to try and publish one of our books exclusively to Amazon Kindle since there seem to be very few german texts available right now.

The only problem is: You need to have a publisher in the US to do so. So my question is: Does anybody know someone oder some company that would support us. We would deliver the complete text and would of course share the profit if someone actually bought the book (who knows?!).

Please contact me via this forum or even better by email (ctz@gmx.de).
Jake Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Magnus View Post
I'm the author of a german book series ('Frank MacLachlan', see www.atlantis-verlag.de for our publisher in Germany), and we would like to try and publish one of our books exclusively to Amazon Kindle since there seem to be very few german texts available right now.

The only problem is: You need to have a publisher in the US to do so. So my question is: Does anybody know someone oder some company that would support us. We would deliver the complete text and would of course share the profit if someone actually bought the book (who knows?!).

You can self publish for the Amazon Kindle. No need for a publisher. You can also self publish for Mobipocket. Visit their web sites for details on this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Jake, publishing for the Kindle with is exclusively an American product is not a good idea. Most people in the US won't be able to read your books if they are not in English. But as DaleDe mentioned, self publishing for Mobipocket might work better for you as non-Americans can also purchase from there. But again, that's not a great solution as well because Mobipocket charges retail prices, most people looking for that format shop at other stores.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Jake, publishing for the Kindle with is exclusively an American product is not a good idea. Most people in the US won't be able to read your books if they are not in English. But as DaleDe mentioned, self publishing for Mobipocket might work better for you as non-Americans can also purchase from there. But again, that's not a great solution as well because Mobipocket charges retail prices, most people looking for that format shop at other stores.
I agree. It'd be better to setup with Fictionwise to offer the books as Multiformat (unless you need DRM) & also self-pub them on Amazon for the Kindle to capture that audience.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It won't catch on for the Kindle as the Kindle is an American product and selling German language books to Americans won't sell.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It won't catch on for the Kindle as the Kindle is an American product and selling German language books to Americans won't sell.
Probably true, but if you have the files basically ready to go it sure wouldn't hurt to try it out.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you retained world-wide ebook rights, then self publishing through MobiPocket would be a good option, see Publishing as a writer. Since MobiPocket is a wholesaler, this potentially makes your ebooks available on many sites selling MobiPocket ebooks. Note that the Addendum to the Mobipocket eBookBase™ Publisher Agreement gives Amazon the right to also sell the ebooks for the Kindle. Amazon has been exercising this right for ebooks written in English, but I don't know if they routinely do so for ebooks in other languages.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
sigrosenblum
sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sigrosenblum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle and Mobipocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Magnus View Post

And to make the job easier, look up Joshua Tallent who can format the books for both Kindle and Mobipocket. He is quite professional and very reasonable in his fees. My three books were done by him, and I am well-pleased. Just search my name on Amazon and mobipocket.com. to sample my work and his.

My books are:

1. Assignment in Antibua
2. Spymaster
3. Julius Caesar

Good luck.

Sig Rosenblum
sigrosenblum is offline   Reply With Quote