Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
bethlo
bethlo began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
hello all!

a quick post to say hi to everyone. my name is beth and i'm rarely without a book in hand.

i'm finally coming out of about two months of lurking. i'm an avid reader who primarily uses my public library, but as of late have been reading more books i'd like to have as part of my personal collection (as well as getting tired of lugging around 750+ page tomes like "the passage"). books-library and purchased-have started to pile up all over my house and my husband, a non-reader, has been less than pleased.

i'd already been considering an ereader, and when husband suggested i get one too, the decision became, "well, which one?" i knew it was either nook or kindle 3. seriously adore the kindle's pearl screen, but the ability to continue to use the library as a resource ultimately tipped my decision. also, more titles i wanted to own have recently cropped up on B&N's site (no contest there, amazon clearly wins on # of titles).

i waited until B&N's press conference this past week to see just what the new device would be, and was basically disappointed. since i have an iphone, the nookcolor seemed a redundant device for me. i had been using both kindle and B&N's iphone apps, and wanted to read books on a larger screen. eink was also an important feature to me, and of course the ability to borrow library books. so, i stopped by B&N after work that day and bought a "nook classic." i have been playing with my nook for several days now and am completely satisfied with my purchase. since i'm only wanting to read books on my ereader, this dedicated device is perfect for me. i even sideloaded 3 library books already (required two calls to B&N customer service, but they were very helpful and got everything working properly-i was impressed).

thanks to all of you on the forum who helped inform my buying decision-you have all so helpful with your comments and information sharing! the poor B&N bookseller couldn't even tell me anything i didn't already know from reading it on this forum-i even knew a few things he didn't b/c of you all

happy reading,

beth
bethlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Leslie
Enthusiast
Leslie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hey Beth! Another newbie here. Welcome!

I happened upon this site yesterday after doing MORE research into whether I wanted a Nook or Kindle. After doing some thinking last night and spending an additional hour on here this morning, I just might go to B&N today and get a Nook before going to my son's Halloween party at school. LOL I plan on using Overdrive for free library loans too.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
bethlo
bethlo began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
ha! i think we were messaging each other at the same time-i just left a reply on your intro post too!

go nook! you'll love it. i have absolutely no regrets!
beth
bethlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Beth -- and Leslie's. Happy Nooking and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome glad you delurked!
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi and welcome to MobileRead.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #8
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi, Beth, and welcome. I have a Kindle and love it. I saw the color Nook today and now am wondering if I should have gone with that, just for the color. I think Kindle is coming out with a color Kindle too.
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi beth and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Greetings Beth! Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello beth and welcome to MobileRead.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #13
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello and welcome, Beth. Enjoy the forums and your new Nook.

Joyce
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #14
Andzhey
Andzhey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
You have russian readers [ok, I posted my "hello", back to download link now....]
Andzhey is offline   Reply With Quote