Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
toscadera
Enthusiast
toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 600, Entourage Edge (soon...)
Question shipping Edge to Europe?

Hi there,

has anyone tried to order the Edge from Europe through a service like shipito.com or usunlocked.com? Or to put it differently, do they just require an American shipping address, or do they also need a U.S. credit card? Is possible to register the device from a non-US i.p.-address (I seem to remember somebody doing this from Mexico?)?

I have just about made my mind up to buy one, but I am checking out a Sony 600 over the next week (which I suppose is technically in a different league altogether - I wouldn't consider the Edge an e-reader, more of a netbook with better reading functions. Really, I think I want 2 'readers': 1 for portability/quick&dirty mark-up and 1 for proper marking up/as a workhorse. Now where is that lottery ticket... ).

thanks in advance!
k
toscadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
dls81
Enthusiast
dls81 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscadera View Post
Hi there,

has anyone tried to order the Edge from Europe through a service like shipito.com or usunlocked.com? Or to put it differently, do they just require an American shipping address, or do they also need a U.S. credit card? Is possible to register the device from a non-US i.p.-address (I seem to remember somebody doing this from Mexico?)?

I have just about made my mind up to buy one, but I am checking out a Sony 600 over the next week (which I suppose is technically in a different league altogether - I wouldn't consider the Edge an e-reader, more of a netbook with better reading functions. Really, I think I want 2 'readers': 1 for portability/quick&dirty mark-up and 1 for proper marking up/as a workhorse. Now where is that lottery ticket... ).

thanks in advance!
k
I paid for mine with my credit card that has a FPO (overseas military) address, which they won't ship to, so you might be able to order with an overseas address. I had it sent to a friend and then she had it sent out to me. I'm actually selling mine on ebay though because it doesn't really suit my needs. The "netbook" side is more than what I need. I can just use my ipod touch for stuff like that. I like the size of the ereader side, but I would rather have a lighter and more portable device, so I'll stick with my libre and ipod for ebook reading until the asus device comes out (at least that's what I have my eye on now).
dls81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls81 View Post
I'm actually selling mine on ebay though because it doesn't really suit my needs.
You should add a posting here in our flea market section with a link to your ebay auction.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
We are Canadian but vacationing in Mexico, so yes we did exactly that. We had to pay duty in Mexico when it arrived, but all enTourage needs is a US address. We happen to use myus.com but any service like that should work.

Our credit cards are Canadian, so we didn't have that problem (just weren't actually home when the thing would be shipped) but I can't imagine a foreign credit card would be a problem - credit cards are generally accepted everywhere, at crappy exchange rates, but it should work.

And yes, I registered when I received it here in Mexico, and to my knowledge, nothing went wrong.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
toscadera
Enthusiast
toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

thanks all for your replies - I've been away for a while without pc access (if only I already had an Edge...) ). dls81 - looks like you got a nice price, I gave it shot, but got beaten.

Sarah, that's good to know!

One last question while my finger hovers over buy-button: What happens to the annotated pdfs? Can I get the pdfs including annotations of the Edge and onto my computer? I'm sure I've read that in the product description, but I'm a bit nervous after reading something similar about the Sony 600, and that's not nearly as intuitive as I had hoped. (Indeed, it turns out the 600 is close to unsuitable to my needs/wants) I'd feel better to have a 'real-world' description as to what one can/can't do with the annotations on the pdfs. Indeed, I realized I had a lot of scanned book pdfs(i.e. image-pdfs, no ocr) that are pretty much impossible on the Sony, and I'm hoping for an improvement with the edge.

cheers
k
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
devseev
devseev began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Yes, you can save annotated PDF on a USB flash drive or SD card, or simply email them.
They open up on a PC like any PDF and you can see the annotations.
devseev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
toscadera
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by devseev View Post
Yes, you can save annotated PDF on a USB flash drive or SD card, or simply email them.
They open up on a PC like any PDF and you can see the annotations.
hooray!

good news indeed - i've asked usunlocked for a quote to get it to Germany for me. Looks like I'll be getting a special Easter Egg this year...
Old 04-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #8
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscadera View Post
Looks like I'll be getting a special Easter Egg this year...
Congrats!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
toscadera
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Congrats!
Thanks the waiting game is on...