Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
At this point you don't have to create a PDF you can create a LRF or ePUB too.
I do prefer PDF over LRF/ePUB here because it is easier to create bookmaks (Table of Contents) for PDF than LRF.

There are several methods I use to create eBooks. Note all the tools I use are free.

I'll give you the easiest way first.

Option 1: Create LRF/ePUB
1) Create a CBZ/CBR file (essentially zip up the files and rename the zip extension to cbz, if you use RAR compression call it CBR)
2) If you have PDFLRF it converts PDF and CBZ files to a LRF file, this tool creates the best LRF files.

If you have calibre import the file and convert it to an LRF/ePUB file.

Option 2: Create a PDF

I only create PDF for books I will re-read or access multiple times since it is more time consuming to make.

1) I use cygwin and a tool called tiff2pdf, this creates a PDF page for each image(page)
2) Use a tool called PDFSAM that can merge/split PDF files.
3) BeCyPDF to create a table of content (bookmarks)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote