Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
micks_address
micks_address began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505 or prs-700?
Santa brought a prs 505

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hello from dublin. Got my nice silver prs 505 from santa. Really enjoying it on the commute to work - the time flies when i'm reading. Only have the classics yet that came with it but looking forward to getting some new titles and dabling a bit more with it.

No complaints with the hardware or software yet

Cheers,
Mick
micks_address is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Congrats on the Reader and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy both!

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Top o the Morning to you Mick and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and like it a lot. Expect you will too.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
katja
katja began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hi! I got a prs 505 for Christmas, too! I really love it and to christen it I got the latest Ken Follett, all 1082 pages of it!! I have never read a big hardback that comfortably I also got the light with it, which is just brilliant! I'm now trying to find my way through the ebook jungle....
katja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hello from dublin. Got my nice silver prs 505 from santa. Really enjoying it on the commute to work - the time flies when i'm reading. Only have the classics yet that came with it but looking forward to getting some new titles and dabling a bit more with it.

No complaints with the hardware or software yet

Cheers,
Mick
Welcome, Mick. Be sure and check here for more great books.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi katja and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and really like. Okay, okay, I'm addicted to the damn thing!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 AM   #7
micks_address
micks_address began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505 or prs-700?
thanks guys for the warm welcome.. i'm already finding i want to spend more time reading that my daily commute... loving it so far..
micks_address is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
katja
katja began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi katja and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and really like. Okay, okay, I'm addicted to the damn thing!
thanks for the welcome, i can see how you can get addicted to the 505! i am slowly finding my way around the whole thing and realise how much you can do with it. i love it!
katja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
Chris P Bacon
Chris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader
Hi Mick,
Welcome.
I too have just got a PRS 505 and am just getting used to it.
Funny that over here the 505 is cutting edge when people in the US have been able to have them for ages.
I am looking forward to gettiing used to it an the next couple of weeks.
Cheers
Chris
Chris P Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote