Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #16
hannen
hannen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Well,the Es File Explorer is installed,the problem is that sdcards/downloads are not readable.It gives me me three options ES NOTE EXPLORER,Kindle HTML Viewer and OfficeSuite with none of them woking.God ,this is endless.
hannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannen View Post
Well,the Es File Explorer is installed,the problem is that sdcards/downloads are not readable.It gives me me three options ES NOTE EXPLORER,Kindle HTML Viewer and OfficeSuite with none of them woking.God ,this is endless.
That is a directory and shouldn't require any application to open. What are the files in the directory?

As I said, the easiest thing is to email the files to your Kindle from your computer. Then they will show up in documents. Just go to the "Manage my Kindle" page under your account on Amazon.com to find/set the address. It really is easiest to just do things the "Amazon" way, unless you want to root the device.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #18
hannen

No,I don't want to root the device,but I want to be able to access and read the files wich supposedly are compatible with kindle without so much effort and headache.Basically this device doesn't do much on its own.You have to be a computer geek to get around it.And I don't understand why it is giving me option (open with) but I`m getting to the point where it doesn't really matter anymore.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:52 AM   #19
hannen

I`m still trying to figure out why ES File Explorer doesn't work.The only thing that comes in mind is the difference between .com and co.jp. Maybe it sounds stupid but I can't understand why all the files are not readable.Just sings,drawing and other Chinese characters.I`ll mention again,I live in japan and I purchased my kindle from amazon.co.jp wich is in many ways different from .com.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Might be worth trying to use a different reading app. Lots to choose from.

IMHO reading on an eInk Kindle is much, much better than reading on a tablet such as the Fire (I say that as the owner of both eInk devices and tablets).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #21
hannen

Hey,I think I finally found a way!I deleted all the books wich I downloaded before instaling Es File Explorer and I did it again .And now it works!I`m really skeptical of being to happy,so I`m just a little bit.Thank you for your asistance.One more thing for kindle fire owners,how to add things to favorites? The push /hold is not working ( is the tablet or is it me?)