Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #196
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
New version on SF, 3.0.44-1:
- epub metadata scanning added
- epub coverpage support in browser (only for books opened at least once)
- recursive book properties scan in directory
- book search (by author, title, series, filename)
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #197
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I was looking for the epub thumbnails as well. Didn't understand why they aren't showing. Please make this feature available when feasible. Thank you.
Should work in 3.0.44-1
(not tested)
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #198
Buggins
Zealot

3.0.44-3 uploaded on Market
Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #199
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
OK. I performed a factory reset and reloaded the latest firmware (required after a factory reset I found). And I have the most recent version (3.0.44-03) installed.

If I open a book, then back out to the file list before I close (go to home screen), when going back into the Cool Reader app the screen comes up blank.
If I make sure I load a book even though I can't see it before I close (home screen) and open back up, the book appears.

The bug seems to be occurring when exiting the app from the file browser.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #200
superkevx
superkevx began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Should work in 3.0.44-1
(not tested)
updated through market to 3.0.44-3. epub covers not showing for me.
superkevx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #201
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkevx View Post
Not showing for me as well.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #202
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkevx View Post
There is a bug. I'll fix it ASAP.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #203
kentsin
kentsin began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
I just install the cr3-0-43-01 found in the forum.

How can I ensure cool reader open the file in correct encoding, as all the Chinese files were either shown in as ????? or blank.

Do I need to fix the epub files? Can someone please give me some instructions.

Thanks a lot.
kentsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #204
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentsin View Post
I just install the cr3-0-43-01 found in the forum.

How can I ensure cool reader open the file in correct encoding, as all the Chinese files were either shown in as ????? or blank.

Do I need to fix the epub files? Can someone please give me some instructions.

Thanks a lot.
Select chineese font in settings.
If there is no chineese font in settings, put .ttf files with such font to /fonts directory on SD card.

Cool Reader understands only Unicode (UTF-8 or UTF-16) encoding for Chineese.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #205
Buggins
Zealot

3.0.44-8 uploaded on Market
(also available on SourceForge page)

New Win32 build is available too.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:13 AM   #206
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
A quick question: Is it possible to block double taps all together, either with a setting in CoolReader or in another way? I like to read on my treadmill (got a holder for the tablet), but the motion or something (could that something be static electricity?) makes almost every tap on the Nook Color into a double tap.

Another question: Did you get around to implement showing italics where the book uses it, without an italics TTF font, like the built in reader in Nook Color (which for many other reasons is far from good enough)? If you did, I haven't found out how to use it.

Great work on the app, no matter what the answers are!

Last edited by Mastiff; 02-22-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #207
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksor View Post
Thanks patilsaurabhr and Dave_S, I'm dreathfully sorry, it was my fault, I was using an outdated version, after installing the current version everything was ok and worked as you said.

A tip with Fora, if you can't install fora dictionary package (out of memory issue), add dictionaries to colordict and then import them to Fora. Every thing went smooth for me.

Regards
Since you have gone through this before I was hoping you could tell me where I can get the dictionaries and where and how do I install them.

I down loaded ColorDict and installed it but I can't find dictionaries to go with it. ColorDict tried to download the data but was unable to do so. I'm not sure but I think it went to the Android Market to which I don't have access.

Any way I'm hoping you, or someone, can help me out.

Thanks and regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #208
sav.here
sav.here began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Legend, IPod Touch
Thanks Buggins for this great ebook reader. I must appreciate the performance and simple design of cool reader which is very much focused on reading books. I am using cool reader as my primary ebook reader app in my HTC Legend for last 5 days and I am loving it.

Some feature request from me:
1. It will be great to have svg cover support for epubs
2. Option to move the title bar as per user choice (upper or lower part of the screen)
3. Always sort by last used sort order.
4. Page flip speed control. User should specify how fast they want the page slide/turn animation.

Last edited by sav.here; 03-04-2011 at 12:45 AM.
sav.here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #209
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
sav.here, come to think about it, maybe even be able to have the title bar vertically, when you're holding the device in landscape mode there's always extra room on one of the sides.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #210
sav.here
sav.here began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Legend, IPod Touch
Yes, Mastiff you are correct. Although I prefer to read in portrait mode, but for 2 page view in android tablets the vertical title bar might be more convenient.

Last edited by sav.here; 03-01-2011 at 07:14 AM.
sav.here is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader