Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #31
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Hardcopies of my two amateur wrestling novels (Throwback and Firehouse) are coming out next week. Then I'll be doing some book signings at tournaments and probably ignoring everything about the ebooks. If anyone out there has an interest in high school wrestling you can always check out the ebook versions for free (I'm selling the hardcopies at cost -- it's all in fun!)

Somebody remind me to renew those coupons that are expiring soon. I know I'll fawgit!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #32
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you very much for offering your books to us. I don't know how I missed welcoming you to MR, so....Welcome to MR!

It is greatly appreciated that you are offering your books in multiple formats (and with the free coupons offer). I'm sure you have noticed we are an international forum of many devices. Also, there is that little problem of geographic restrictions. Having an author publish on smashwords (and letting us know about it) allows a greater number of us to enjoy your books.

Thank you again and please stick around and participate in our forums.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #33
Joanne29
Serendipity
Joanne29 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveconifer View Post
Hey MR People,

Nice to meet you all. I just wanted to tell you that all my books are free on Smashwords, in every e-book format they offer. I've got five books and a short story there.

Here's my Smashwords home page. Maybe you can find something you like there...

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/daveconifer

Thanks!

...dave
I snagged them, and thank you Dave!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #34
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you very much for offering your books to us. I don't know how I missed welcoming you to MR, so....Welcome to MR!

It is greatly appreciated that you are offering your books in multiple formats (and with the free coupons offer). I'm sure you have noticed we are an international forum of many devices. Also, there is that little problem of geographic restrictions. Having an author publish on smashwords (and letting us know about it) allows a greater number of us to enjoy your books.

Thank you again and please stick around and participate in our forums.
Thanks Dreams. I'll try to get over to Smashwords and set up new coupons at some point because the current ones expire on Friday...
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #35
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Many thanks for the books Dave much appreciated
Old 01-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #36
daveconifer
Zealot

All My Books are Free! FOR A FEW MORE HOURS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
Many thanks for the books Dave much appreciated
You're welcome, and I hope you can find at least one that you can enjoy.

Folks, the Smashwords coupons expire on Jan. 15. I honestly don't know if that means in the first minute of Friday, or the last minute of Friday, or what. Yikes, some of you might already be experiencing the 15th!

Last edited by daveconifer; 01-15-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #37
Speedy eReader
Speedy eReader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch Reader
Speaking of downloading free books.

I made a list of one hundred free classic ebooks at http://bit.ly/8bTo8F where you can pick a book link which will take you to one of four free ebook sites such as Kobobooks.com & mybebook.com. This list is mostly English & French authors like Dickens, Wilde, Bronte, Dumas, Hugo so if that's what you like, that is what is on the list.

The download formats are EPUB, Unicode Plain Text, HTML, Mobile-Pocket , Plucker, QiOO Mobile & txt. Kindle users, if any of the formats give you trouble, you can also try manybooks.net (which has lots of traffic from Kindle related blogs, so they must know something).
Old 01-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #38
daveconifer
Zealot

Coupons extended, it wasn't as painful as I expected...
Old 01-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #39
daveconifer
Zealot

Oops, updating the coupons wasn't as smooth as I thought. I had typed the FireHouse code wrong. The code in my signature is correct now...
Old 01-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #40
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. And thanks for the links. I'm always up to read authors unknown to me.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #41
daveconifer
Zealot

Thanks Katti and Cat!

I've now created Facebook page for Snodgrass Vacation. Drop on by if you have a chance. I'm trying to expose myself (ha ha) to the Disney nuts that might like my Disney Spoof.

Oh yeah, not that you high tech readers care, but I signed up for premium whatchamacallit and was able to drop the price of the hardcopy version from $16.00 to $10.99.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #42
daveconifer
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveconifer View Post

I've now created Facebook page for Snodgrass Vacation. Drop on by if you have a chance. I'm trying to expose myself (ha ha) to the Disney nuts that might like my Disney Spoof.
Well I think I'm giving up on Facebook. I dangled the hook and didn't get many bites. I'll have to study up on how (or if) any other writers are having success promoting on Facebook.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 PM   #43
daveconifer
Zealot

FYI -- After the 15th I'm going to be experimenting with the prices of my books, probably starting with a bump to 1.99 for some or all.

There's a lot going on with ebook prices right now and I have to learn how it's going to affect me. Specifically, I want to see if I'm getting the "It's only ninety-nine cents, it must suck!" treatment. My Disney World spoof got just that reaction on a Disney message board that I happened to stumble across. So it's time for some amateur psychology....

Thanks

...dave
Old 02-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #44
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Thanks, I just picked up Snodgrass Vacation.

If you want to play the psychology game, bump the price to over $5 then offer a $4 coupon. Wow, I'm getting a real bargain now, way more than that 99 cent coupon from before!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #45
daveconifer
Zealot

Thanks Edbro. It'll surely work better than anything I've tried yet. But I'm definitely going to take a break from coupons and marketing after February 15.

Hope you enjoy Snodgrass.
Closed Thread