Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #31
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
It will turn your HD+ into an unrestricted Android eReader/Tablet.

FWIW there is no need to pay for such a card, as you can create one yourself using the instructions posted at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...39&postcount=1 or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...52&postcount=1.
Agreed, it's a simple enough process. I have CM10.1 running on both my HD and HD+, on the eMMC and it's a pretty good tablet, especially for the current price.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyReader View Post
Geeezz.. sounds simple to you.. but I just clicked the link for doing it without purchasing the card.. and I need to tell you I only had a C average in school.. maybe it's simpler than that long list of instructions indicate.. I shall re-read it.. my thought is.. do it myself and save $20 or buy it.. HELP
As the HD/HD+ is a relatively new device, custom ROMs for it (such as CyanogenMod) are still being enhanced/refined regularly with new updates -- currently averaging once or twice a week. All the pre-made cards are merely re-packaging of the same ROMs releases made freely available on XDA, hence even if you were to buy a pre-made card you will need/want to update the card's image from time to time, and the process of creating a DIY card from scratch is just barely more involved than that of updating the pre-made card image.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #33
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Ok.. I shall go to the store and buy a card and try the link suggested for download, rather than buying the Root My Nook or the N2A card.... LOL.. we shall see.. all of what you folks are saying makes sense.. I will let you know how it works out.. again thanks for info..
Bob
For best results in running ROM, I'd recommend that you buy Sandisk Class 4, they can be found rather inexpensively on Amazon or eBay from reputable sellers for $ 7-12 for 8GB and 16GB respectively.

If you have the time/interest, you can peruse this long thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1005633 which provides discussion on comparative performance of cards of different vendors, classes, and models.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #34
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Geeezz.. sounds simple to you.. but I just clicked the link for doing it without purchasing the card.. and I need to tell you I only had a C average in school.. maybe it's simpler than that long list of instructions indicate.. I shall re-read it.. my thought is.. do it myself and save $20 or buy it.. HELP
Why don't you try it first? All you need is an old SD card that you probably have lying around. If you get stuck, you can always ask questions and, if all fails, you can buy the ready made SD card.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #35
Sukiyaki
Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T-2, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
As our simian friend said, you should really install a launcher first, as each one is a little different, and the icons you add to one don't automatically appear in another. If you add an icon in the stock Nook launcher, then change launchers you will need to add them to the new launcher again. So, it’s best to start out with what you’re going to be running.

Also the learning curve for each is a little different, while all of the aftermarket launchers are about equally capable, they all do things a bit differently. So find the one you like and stick to it.

Thanx. I ended up going with GoLauncher HD.
Sukiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #36
Sukiyaki
Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T-2, Nook HD+
Link to flash plugin:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/brow...=2940043651563
Sukiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #37
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
Wow, that works. Thanks!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #38
nookierookiehd
nookierookiehd began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd+
mp3 download

Hello. Just got a nook hd+ for christmas and I want my new yrs resolution to come true. I want music on the go so I can exercise w/out becoming bored.
I don't want to give up again. I uses the youtube file conversion to turn the video into just sound. But I can't find it? Any help would be much appreciated!
nookierookiehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #39
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookierookiehd View Post
Hello. Just got a nook hd+ for christmas and I want my new yrs resolution to come true. I want music on the go so I can exercise w/out becoming bored.
I don't want to give up again. I uses the youtube file conversion to turn the video into just sound. But I can't find it? Any help would be much appreciated!

You can install the TuneIn radio app to gain access to internet radio.

If you've bought music via Amazon MP3, you can install the app for that and gain access to all your music.

I use the YouTube Audio and Video Downloader by InBasic as an extension on my Pale Moon browser on my laptop to get audio files from YouTube.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #40
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Spoiler:
It will turn your HD+ into an unrestricted Android eReader/Tablet.

This confuses me. Google Play lets me download pretty much any app including Kindle, Kobo, Audible, Downpour, etc. This lets me read anything that is in the cloud to be downloaded. I have other android apps for reading or listening to anything that is sideloaded. I'm not sure what rooting gains. In addition, I've used the streaming for playing music from my Amazon cloud while waiting in the ER. Good speaker on this thing.

If you like moving backgrounds, Paperlands is great. I love the little cars with headlights at night. Yeah, I like dumb gadgets.

By the way, for audiobook players, I really like Smart Audiobook Player Pro. For a freebee, Akimbo is the most robust and can read m4b as well as wma and ogg files. I haven't tested it on anything but Mp3 so far though. It will also track your listening stats. I also like another freebee called Listen, but it does Mp3 files only. This one has the advantage that you can start/stop by touching anywhere on the center off the screen - a plus for those who need this feature. All 3 of these were designed for Android phones, but they work perfectly well on a tablet.

The ONLY thing I would like to be able to change is to be able to move books that I have archived out of my main book library and into an archive space. I have 600 books at B&N and scrolling through all the stuff I have already read is so irritating.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-22-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:59 AM   #41
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tarana: I realize it's been a few months, but just in case you didn't find the answer any other way, one of the big things is that there's no way to enable third party app stores in stock Nook OS. Which means if you buy any games from the Humble Indie Bundle, you have no way to install them; the Nook won't permit it. Also, you can get a much more recent version of the Android operating system, which is better optimized to run better on older devices like the Nook.

I wrote up a guide to doing it, if you want. Or you can get an N2A card and dual-boot.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote