Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Not Staying Connected to Kobo

v7.15 allows me up upload a file or two to my Kobo's memory card - I only do one at a time. But it drops the connection before completion. The Kobo re-starts, re-connects to my MacBook Pro, Calibre refreshes and shows my Kobo - but the uploads didn't "stick."

Any hints as to what I am doing wrong?
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
I've had this issue with 7.14 also. Last time it happened on 7.15 was when I created a catalog which was being uploaded to my Bebook Neo.

I'm also using a Macbook Pro (2008 model). First I thought it would be the cable or something, but that's not the case.
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I do not know, redlob, what to think. I have asked a few very sincere questions about working with Calibre and my Kobo the past few months - and they just do not get answered. Heck, if what I am asking is being ignored because it's in a FAQ somewhere, just tell me. I will tuck my tail 'tween my legs, and better search the FAQs before posting another inquiry.

Calibre is a great piece of work, undoubtedly. And I usually have few problems communicating with people. But there's something that the combination of "Clint" plus "Kobo" that passes through the customer support system ... (grin).

I do not for a moment regret my meager PayPal contribution to Calibre - its benefits to the eReading community are obvious.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to open a ticket, that way the issue will come to the attention of the person that wrote the kobo driver, he probably doesn't check this forum very often.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
v7.15 allows me up upload a file or two to my Kobo's memory card - I only do one at a time. But it drops the connection before completion. The Kobo re-starts, re-connects to my MacBook Pro, Calibre refreshes and shows my Kobo - but the uploads didn't "stick."

Can you copy files directly (not in Calibre) to the Kobo, without the Kobo restarting?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I do not know, redlob, what to think. I have asked a few very sincere questions about working with Calibre and my Kobo the past few months - and they just do not get answered. Heck, if what I am asking is being ignored because it's in a FAQ somewhere, just tell me. I will tuck my tail 'tween my legs, and better search the FAQs before posting another inquiry.
I wouldn't take it personally. You use a Mac with a Kobo and you asked a question that seemed to require people with knowledge of these two devices to answer the question. On the surface, it may be, but it doesn't seem to be a calibre question.

When I first started using the Jetbook Lite I had a similar problem. The JBL has a setting to go into sleep mode when no key is depressed. Whenever I tried to send books from cailbre the JBL wasn't getting keys depressed and would shut off. I figured out to turn off sleep mode while connecting to calibre.

Good luck with your problem and don't forget to submit the bug report.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... open a ticket, dude ...

I humbly apologize. I have received SO MUCH VALUABLE ASSISTANCE on MobileRead, that I mis-thought this here in the Calibre forum. Yes, I am a minor "sub-set" of Calibre users (Kobo + Mac).

And Calibre DOES tell us to "initiate a support ticket" for this type of inquiry.

If anything dramatically alters what i am doing with my Kobo/Mac, I'll report back here. THANK YOU, Calibre devotees!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
See if you have any better success transferring books to your Kobo using the connect to folder feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You need to open a ticket, that way the issue will come to the attention of the person that wrote the kobo driver, he probably doesn't check this forum very often.
Kovid is correct. While I do keep an eye on the forums there is too much traffic for me to see all the kobo related stuff. I occasionally do a search but if you log a bug (http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/) I will see it. I also look at the kobo forum more closely that the Calibre forum.

It comes down to limited time and too much info.

That being said, while a Kobo user who is also a mac user might be rare. The kobo driver developer (me) has windows, mac and Linux. I develop on Linux but I can review issues on either platform.

It may still take some time to get resolved but bugs do get looked at. Someone had one outstanding for about a month that I just figured out why it was occurring. That being said, with that issue pretty much out of the way, the ability to manage the reading list is getting much closer ;-)

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #10
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Quote:

Hi

I plan to test this sometime today. Were you sending the book to the main memory or to a sd card?

Tim
Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #11
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
Hi

I plan to test this sometime today. Were you sending the book to the main memory or to a sd card?

Tim
So far, no issue with the iMac running Snow Leopard and Calibre 0.7.16. I sent a single book and multiple books to the main memory. I can try later today on a MacBook.

Tim