Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
wherethereslife
wherethereslife began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Slick 7" LCD
jetBook-Lite 99$ promotion on Newegg

Hi. all.
Just in case you're interested Newegg has
a $30 off coupon on the Jetbook-lite.

Save an additional $30 w/ promo code JETBOOK5, ends 4/12
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jim
wherethereslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I would really like to know how a company can afford to do that. Either they are selling at cost or selling it as a loss-leader (but competition for customers to buy a JBL I wouldn't imagine would be great enough to sell at a loss).

If only newegg shipped to Australia.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
A good ebook reader has finally hit the sub-$100 range!
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
It's tempting, actually. For a European buyer it's just 75 euro approximately.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
A good ebook reader has finally hit the sub-$100 range!
yes!!!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
camgee
camgee began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Wow. I'm gonna buy one and maybe two of these for that price. My daughter and wife are both avid readers and now we can share books again.
camgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I couldn't pass that up either. With all the rechargeable batteries and SD cards
I have stacking up, an extra JBL may come in handy.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #8
BongoBong
Enthusiast
BongoBong is on a distinguished road

Device: none
hmmmmm I don't suppose anyone knows a way to get one of these to Canada without adding to much cost? It's 139.99 on newegg.ca which is still pretty decent but less is always better!
BongoBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #9
cj2010
cj2010 began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
Can JBL read the Chinese text file?

Hi, Can anyone help to confirm whether JBL can read the Chinese text file?

Thanks,

cj2010
cj2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Before pulling the trigger ... Does anyone have an inkling of whether the Ectaco developers plan to add the ability to follow hyperlinks?
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Before pulling the trigger ... Does anyone have an inkling of whether the Ectaco developers plan to add the ability to follow hyperlinks?
Not that I am aware of, although it seems likely to be more than half done, since they have the ability to select words (in dictionary), and the ability to jump to areas (with bookmarks)

But at that pricepoint, is it a feature that you can overlook?
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
Not that I am aware of, although it seems likely to be more than half done, since they have the ability to select words (in dictionary), and the ability to jump to areas (with bookmarks)

But at that pricepoint, is it a feature that you can overlook?
Thanks much.

I already have a Sony PRS-505. At this price, I was looking for a better Calibre magazine reader, one that would skip past uninteresting articles more quickly. Without the ability to follow links, the jetBook Lite would require sequential perusing, page by page, if I understand its capabilities correctly.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #13
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Thanks much.

I already have a Sony PRS-505. At this price, I was looking for a better Calibre magazine reader, one that would skip past uninteresting articles more quickly. Without the ability to follow links, the jetBook Lite would require sequential perusing, page by page, if I understand its capabilities correctly.
Ahhh... Yes, if you have a specific purpose in mind, then it would not be for you...
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBong View Post
hmmmmm I don't suppose anyone knows a way to get one of these to Canada without adding to much cost? It's 139.99 on newegg.ca which is still pretty decent but less is always better!
It's always a shame when newegg.ca carries the same product for a higher price when the two currencies are at par.

I can't think of another way of getting JBL at that price unless you have relatives/friends in the US.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
Don't forget the Go to page feature and with some formats the Find
function. (Although it's more of a pain for us who are not proficient
with "Texting" using the phone like text entry of the JB's side buttons.)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote