Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
The Tale of Asha, Volume 1: Death - a series of strange encounters in India

Hello readers,

I have released the first volume of The Tale of Asha on Smashwords (and elsewhere).

The Tale of Asha series is a collection of fantasy short stories following the strange adventures of the herbalist Asha and the nun Priya as they travel across India. Volume 1: Death contains three stories: The Lotus Cave, The Fever Mist, and The Shining Scales. 25k words | 83 pages

The Lotus Cave

Asha, a traveling herbalist, investigates a local legend about a demon that drank up a river and the young Buddhist nun who restored the river but never returned from the lotus cave.
Note: This story is available on Smashwords for free.

The Fever Mist

Asha and Priya tend a young boy with a burning fever who is so sensitive to light and sound that he must hide in a blacked out house. Only his father's confession can lead Asha to a cure, but the only cure may be death.

The Shining Scales

Asha and Priya meet a man who lost his wife and his sight, yet remains serenely content with his fortunes. Asha is almost ready to give up her travels for him, until she hears a mysterious ringing in the night.

Check it out today!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-20-2011 at 07:42 AM.
jrlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The complete first volume of Asha stories is now on sale on Smashwords for just $0.99

Last edited by jrlewis; 02-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to point out that while Volume 1 of Asha is on sale for $0.99, the first story The Lotus Cave, is still free on Smashwords.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Praise of The Tale of Asha on LibraryThing:

"I liked the book. It beautifully describes nature. There are Three short fantasy stories in the book. Looking forward to see how the adventure of Asha goes on."

"I enjoyed this book...I look forward to reading more of Asha's tales in the future."

"The flow of the language is comfortable and readable, and the descriptions are effective if not inspired...What I really liked most about this book, cannot be pinned down with literary criticism, and cannot be easily bought. It is the x factor..."
Old 03-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
jrlewis
SF/F Author

More praise for The Tale of Asha on Amazon:

"They were really interesting stories. I enjoyed them greatly. In my opinion, alternate timeline fiction is difficult to write. It is way too easy to fall back on the same types of differences. This author definitely had a fresh outlook. I will be definitely looking for more of his work to read in the future."
Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but The Tale of Asha, Volume 1: Death is now available free on my website: http://josephrobertlewis.wordpress.com/free-fiction/
Old 05-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Downloaded. Shhh!
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
jrlewis
SF/F Author

And it has a new cover!

And Volume 2 will be here soon!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I've downloaded the PDF, I couldn't for the life of me get the epub to download - could it be because I have a mac? It would download with the extension .epub.html.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
jrlewis
SF/F Author

you were unable to right-click and "save link as"?

That's a noodle-scratcher. I'll look into it. Thanks
Old 05-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlewis View Post
you were unable to right-click and "save link as"?

That's a noodle-scratcher. I'll look into it. Thanks
When I 'right click', I have no "save link as" option. I don't even really have a right click option, to be honest (I have to hold both fingers on the trackpad and 'right click', I don't have a separate button).
Old 05-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
jrlewis
SF/F Author

This is where I admit how Mac-illiterate I am. I'll see if there's a way to make that easier for Mac users.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #13
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlewis View Post
This is where I admit how Mac-illiterate I am. I'll see if there's a way to make that easier for Mac users.
Don't worry, I'm a little Mac illiterate, too. I've only recently purchased my Mac, and while I do find it more intuitive than Windows there is still much that I have to learn about OSX.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
jrlewis
SF/F Author

Aha! My brilliant and charming wife, who uses a Mac, says that you can right-click by holding down the "control" button when clicking to get the "save as" option

Okay, here's an upgrade that should work for all browsers and systems - there is now a ZIP file download for each title that contains all three file formats. Please give that a try

http://josephrobertlewis.wordpress.com/free-fiction/

Last edited by jrlewis; 05-22-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 AM   #15
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Joseph - for what it's worth, I preferred the original cover for The Tale of Asha. Of course I'll live with the supreme purpleness of the current cover - but I do sigh at the loss of the elegant looking green and gold.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asha, fantasy, india, lotus, short story