Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
rudyt
Sony Reader
rudyt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 and PRS-505
Adjusting VCOM voltage to fix fading display

The service manuals of both the PRS-300 and PRS-505 state that VCOM voltage needs to be calibrated for each individual display based on the value indicated on the "flexible card wire", and give a detailed procedure on how to do it. The manual also states that VCOM voltage is applied only when drawing the screen

Has anyone with a fading display tried to adjust VCOM to see if things improved?
rudyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I think I remember reading that you need an oscilloscope to make the adjustment. The average Joe Blow doesn't have one of those in the closet. I just don't read my PRS-300 out in the bright Florida sun and it's fine.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/contrast.html
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
RooZ
RooZ began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I wonder how it affects ghosting - because it appears that the more contrast You get the more gosting it brings..
RooZ is offline   Reply With Quote