Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #31
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
So they're just a "good-time" company not interested in making money? Or is there some other cost to offset this free delivery?

Help me to understand, please.

Don
I assuming the post you quoted was removed because it's a load of bull, or a scam, or both.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #32
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I've certainly used a non-US credit card to buy gift cards on Amazon.Com, with no problem. But I haven't tried it recently. I'm planning to top up my gift card balance soon, so I'll let you know if it still works.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #33
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Evdberg,

Did you see a message saying that the card was rejected? Or did the order just sit there, with nothing happening?

As a test, I just tried ordering a gift card using a non-US credit card. This was about ten minutes ago. It seems to have accepted the order, but the order status is showing "Not yet sent".
Old 07-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #34
Mike L
Wizard

Evdberg,

One hour later .... The order has gone through, I've received the gift certificate and applied it to my account. No probem, apart from the slight delay.

What is happening with you?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:36 AM   #35
evdberg
Enthusiast
evdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS-500, Kindle Paperwhite 3
@Mike,
My card was rejected, but I think I know what might be the problem: I have an US based address in my addresslist. I guess it is selected by default when buying a giftcard, since there is no option to select the address. I will remove it and see what happens. Thanks for your reply.
evdberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 07:24 AM   #36
Mike L
Wizard

Yes, I think you're right about the address.

If you entered a US address against the card, and if that address is not the one which the card provider knows about, then the card will be rejected. That's not Amazon's fault. It's the normal security procedure on a credit or debit card.

One solution would be to keep two accounts with Amazon. One for the Kindle, in which the payment method is the card with the US address. The other would be for buying gift certificates and non-Kindle stuff; in that case, you register the card with your "real" address.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #37
presman2
presman2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Amazon pays %10 affiliate for the Kindle

Quote:
So they're just a "good-time" company not interested in making money? Or is there some other cost to offset this free delivery?

Don
Hi Don,
This is very simple, Amazon pays %10 affiliate for the Kindle.
Click the Amazon banner on this forum and buy the Kindle, and the website gets $30 to $50...
US ONE STOP make $50 for each purchase and the shipping costs is $20 for them. They still make $30 and you get the shipping for free!!!
Amazon do not ship the Kindle outside the US... So this company helps people all around the globe to get the Kindle with free shipping and everybody is happy
presman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #38
presman2
presman2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Free shipping

Quote:

Don
Don,

If you still did not get it... The shipping is for free not the Kindle

This is not spam! and not marketing... This is real.

Go to their website and spend 3 minutes reading before posting back please!!!
presman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #39
Mike L
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by presman2 View Post
Amazon do not ship the Kindle outside the US... So this company helps people all around the globe to get the Kindle with free shipping and everybody is happy
True. And good luck to them.

But I wonder if it's within the terms of Amazon's operating agreement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon Operating Agreement
you may not: (a) directly or indirectly offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including, without limitation, payment of money (including any rebate), or granting of any discount or other benefit) for using Special Links on your site to access the Amazon Site ...
Then again, are they in fact an Amazon Affiliate? There's nothing on the site that suggests they are. I didn't see the earlier part of this exchange, so my apologies if I'm off-beam.