Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #46
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro traveler View Post
I'm surprised to read about people in the USA having trouble ordering from Amazon in the UK, or Germany, etc. I have a single Amazon.com (USA) account and I order successfully from their US, UK, German, Canadian stores, (though I've never ordered an ebook from them.) I use the same email address and Amazon password on all of their sites, and all my info (cc, billing and shipping addresses, etc.) pulls up the same across their sites.
It's different for eBooks than for physical goods.
You have to link your entire Kindle library to a single country. Publishing restrictions and such. Lots of books of course are available globally. But some eBooks are limited to certain regions. If you switch to that respective region, you give up your former region.
This could mean, you see all your US eBooks in your then US account, but not the German ones. So you have to link the former German account to the US region, so you see all books.
A bit of a hassle, but easy enough.
Still: I really hope for the "global village"...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #47
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
It's different for eBooks than for physical goods.
You have to link your entire Kindle library to a single country. Publishing restrictions and such.
Thanks for pointing that out, mg. Since I do not own a Kindle, I never really thought about Amazon (and others, I guess) putting country restrictions on an ebook they sell. Bummer.
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #48
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro traveler View Post
Thanks for pointing that out, mg. Since I do not own a Kindle, I never really thought about Amazon (and others, I guess) putting country restrictions on an ebook they sell. Bummer.
It's not so much Amazon, or others, putting restrictions on things as it is publishers only having rights for certain regions due to authors/agents trying to maximize the potential for their pbooks being available in various markets.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #49
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Unfortunately, MP3 purchases are also georestricted, so most of the songs I want are inaccessible to me, unless I order the physical CD or change my country settings.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote