Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Sony Reader: Can I prevent creation of single-item collections?

I love that Calibre can automagically create collections based on Series and sort the items in series index order on my device. But... I don't like that I have a few dozen collections containing only one item. Is there a way to set a threshold for minimum number of items in a collection? I know this is configurable in the fabulous Kindle Collections plug-in, and I'm looking for a similar result for my Sony.

If I could figure out how to count the books in each series that are tagged _onsony, I'd put that calculation in a column and I think the rest would be relatively straightforward. However, I suspect there is a more elegant solution that my perambulating thoughts have completely missed.

Any nudges in the right direction will be appreciated.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you sort by popularity with the alter tag browser button and ctl-click on each with one author you could populate a column fairly easily.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert