Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Smile A new SD card made my reader stable!

Previously, my Hanlin V3 clone was unstable. When reading a book, after a few pages, the book closed itself and I found myself at the root directory of the SD card or internal storage.

The only solutions were:
- charging the battery; at 100% reading was stable, but it became more and more unstable as the battery depleted
- using OpenInkpot; great alternative firmware, but less possibilities than with the Lbook firmwares for example

So I tried a new SD card, the Lbook latest beta firmware, a partially depleted battery, and reading is now perfectly stable! I put back my previous SD card and in the same conditions reading was not stable.

On the official BeBook forum, in the discussion about SD cards, someone had mentioned that she used two identical Sandisk cards (basic model, not the Extreme/Ultra ones): one worked perfectly, the other was not recognized by her BeBook.
So it is impossible to recommend a precise model!

On the Russian forum, someone wrote that his Lbook was stable only when his SD card was freshly formatted and all the books copied at once. If he deleted books and added new books, his Lbook was unstable.

That would be interesting to hear from people with unstable readers trying new SD cards.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card, instability, sd-card, stability, unstable