Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #1
MishaS
Connoisseur
MishaS is on a distinguished road

Device: Nokia N810/Nokia E51
Exclamation Documentation for FBReader

Documentation is not the strongest side of FBReader We'd like to improve the situation (for quite some time now, strictly speaking ). To focus on what is the most demanded, I'm asking you: what documentation you would like to see first?
MishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:20 AM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
In which way are you involved with FBReader MishaS ? I've tried to contact Nikolay about a month ago and never got any answer.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
MishaS
Connoisseur
MishaS is on a distinguished road

Device: Nokia N810/Nokia E51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
In which way are you involved with FBReader MishaS ? I've tried to contact Nikolay about a month ago and never got any answer.
I'm a co-author I must say though that majority of coding is done by Nikolay.

As far as I know, Nikolay aims to answer all mails he receives. It's possible that yours got to his junk-mail folder.
MishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
Documentation is not the strongest side of FBReader We'd like to improve the situation (for quite some time now, strictly speaking ). To focus on what is the most demanded, I'm asking you: what documentation you would like to see first?
First, I'd like to see a Quick Guide that goes through a simple explanation of the installation process and the more common features.

Then I'd think a more comprehensive User's Guide that details all the features. If there are scripting functions or customization features, could you include samples in the appropriate sections?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
First, I'd like to see a Quick Guide that goes through a simple explanation of the installation process and the more common features.

Then I'd think a more comprehensive User's Guide that details all the features. If there are scripting functions or customization features, could you include samples in the appropriate sections?

Derek
I think it would be great is the Quick Guide installation was in our wiki on the FBReader page. We already have a list of features.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I second the idea of using the wiki. The only downside is that I'm not sure how easy it is to scrape the wiki to get an ebook version.

Also, if any ebook versions are in an easily edited format that would help with updating. If FBReader is upgraded to support ePub's toc.ncx file then ePub would be best. Otherwise, I think CHM is the only format currently supporting nested TOCs.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote