Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
Toronto Star missing section

This started about two weeks ago and I simply cannot get any answers from Kobo.

The "Living" section is missing from the Toronto Star subscription through Kobo. This section typically has health info, recipes, advice, fashion, and so on.

I understand that this means the section is not being included in the package that the Toronto Star editors are delivering to the Kobo servers, and that the solution is therefore in the Toronto Star offices and not at Kobo. However, TWO WEEKS?! Is it truly that difficult to get in touch with your digital partners?

Is it some kind of absurd licensing issue? Bad timing? Employee error?

I am not just disappointed in Kobo for yet-another service problem, I am angry that nobody will communicate anything back to me about this.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Monday's Toronto Star re-downloaded on Tuesday with a differently-named "Life" section.

Tuesday's issue has neither "Life" nor "Living".

I'm now assuming that the data supplied by the Star is now slightly different in a way that the Kobo's automatic scripts aren't expecting. Hopefully this doesn't mean that I've been missing out on other content, such as any special features sections.
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
thepossum
Zealot

... and finally, today was the first day in over two weeks where the "Life" section downloaded with the rest of the paper first thing in the morning.

I think the Kobo helpdesk would have learned by now that when I am complaining about a newspaper subscription problem, it doesn't just affect me, and somebody probably ought to start investigating it. Ah well
Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kobo Touch
/start rant

The annoyance you described above is exactly the reason I would lean to Calibre's free news feeds. The content server is so easy to run and it gives the Kobo Web Browser a practical feature.

I for one signed up for the free trial of my local paper, the Vancouver Sun via Kobo, and downloaded that day's Calibre news paper feed for the Vancouver Sun. Guess what? They were not significantly different enough for me to justify spending money on the subscription. And, if it's not perfect, I can
  • revel in the fact that it's free
  • work with the calibre community to fix the problem
  • not have to complain to the black hole that is Kobo's tier 1, 2, and so forth.

/end rant
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote