Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Use New Web Browser (Arora) for viewing offline sites

webbrowser - offline.app

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cvxpz3

copy the file to /system/bin

add

"webbrowser - offline.app" for htm,html etc.

in

/system/config/extensions.cfg

or
/system/profiles/default/config/extensions.cfg

(depends on whether you use profiles)

Obviously it works only on firmwares equipped with arora.
PB903 RC1,RC2
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks and karma!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
PERCE-NEIGE
PERCE-NEIGE began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it still available somewhere? I'm looking for browsing offline sites from my HD 3.
PERCE-NEIGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:43 AM   #4
Frapi
Frapi began at the beginning.

Device: [PocketBook|Vivlio] Touch HD plus PB632
Hi Perce-neige, any news on that ?
my HD3 (enfin, Vivlio Touch HD plus) pb632 can open a local html file even without wifi, but keeps asking to start wifi, even if not needed.

I would like to open files served by a local webserver without wifi available (for kiwix pages)

Frapi
Frapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:52 PM   #5
Spotzen
Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PB633
HiHo I had the same issue regarding kiwix and pb633.
I ended up compiling a minimal-browser example from this repository:
https://github.com/c3pio-man/pb-qt-3/tree/6.1

It is really a minimal example using qtwebengine (like the default browser I think) but it works fine on my device (except auto rotation) and is enough for my demands.

Hope it helps somehow.
Spotzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2020, 03:24 AM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotzen View Post
HiHo I had the same issue regarding kiwix and pb633.
I ended up compiling a minimal-browser example from this repository:
https://github.com/c3pio-man/pb-qt-3/tree/6.1

It is really a minimal example using qtwebengine (like the default browser I think) but it works fine on my device (except auto rotation) and is enough for my demands.

Hope it helps somehow.
Can you please attach the compiled version here, that would help.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:54 AM   #7
Spotzen
Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.Spotzen is no e-book dilettante.

Sure - I did not find the file upload yesterday sry.
Again it is compiled for PB633 so I don't know if it works for you.
And also my start page is localhost.localdomain:8080 (for kiwix-serve).
As a command line argument you can give a specific URL to open.
Attached Files
File Type: zip browser-minimal.zip (21.3 KB, 391 views)
Old 09-30-2020, 03:59 AM   #8
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool, thanks. Which kiwix-serve version do you use? Mine is from 2014-10-23 and has a size of 16.7MB.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:05 AM   #9
Spotzen

I think i downloaded on of the kiwix-tools armhf version over here:
https://download.kiwix.org/release/kiwix-tools/
Probably this: kiwix-tools_linux-armhf-3.1.2-3.tar.gz
Old 09-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #10
nhedgehog
Guru

Got it, thanks.