Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
mmatting
mmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Kindle 4 NT: no more pictures?

Hi,

I am trying to follow the procedure I know from my K3 (copy images into a subfolder under the pictures folder, press Alt-Z to update) to show pictures on my K4 no-touch, but it won't work. Could anybody confirm that? (or, better yet, tell me what I'm doing wrong)

Thanks
Matthias
mmatting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatting View Post
Hi,

I am trying to follow the procedure I know from my K3 (copy images into a subfolder under the pictures folder, press Alt-Z to update) to show pictures on my K4 no-touch, but it won't work. Could anybody confirm that? (or, better yet, tell me what I'm doing wrong)

Thanks
Matthias
For one thing there is no Alt button on the K4. I wonder if a restart would do the trick? You might try that by holding in the Power button for 20 seconds until it restarts.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-05-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
mmatting
mmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheesemmatting can extract oil from cheese

Thanks - neither a restart via MENU->Restart worked nor a Restart by pressing the power button for 15 seconds. Seems they have eliminated the image viewer? Also, I wonder where Minesweeper has gone...
Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
FourOhFour
HTTP Error
FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Also, I wonder where Minesweeper has gone...
Right here: http://www.amazon.com/Mine-Sweeper/dp/B003P3BCVA
FourOhFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Matthias
You might try creating a .zip file containing the pictures, then just drop that into the /Documents folder. That's usually what I do with my K3 as it lets you actually delete the image content (instead of just removing it from the item list temporarily). Plus it takes up less space to begin with.

Alternatively, you could create a subfolder of /documents with the image files you want in there, which works on K3. Maybe K4 just doesn't look for /pictures any more.

I really hope they didn't get rid of the image viewer.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-05-2011 at 08:15 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It says it still does pictures. Try putting them in your Documents folder in a sub folder. There is no other folder on the K4 but that folder.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Just zip your images and put package into documents folder.

Cheers.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
mmatting

@FourOhFour: Well, we Europeans don't get Active Content, so Minesweeper and GoMoKu were the only playable games...
Old 10-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Here is a screen capture of the Picture Viewer on my K4. So it does indeed work by placing the zip file in the documents folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-30844.gif
Views:	398
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	77401  
Old 10-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
mmatting

@all: zipping works indeed, thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Beautiful, good to know.

Have you explored the Menu options while in the picture viewer, and are they the same as before? Wonder if the keyboard shortcuts still work? Or if bringing up the text options panel gives you the different image viewing options?

Screenshots welcome!
Thanks.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Beautiful, good to know.

Have you explored the Menu options while in the picture viewer, and are they the same as before? Wonder if the keyboard shortcuts still work? Or if bringing up the text options panel gives you the different image viewing options?

Screenshots welcome!
Thanks.
I attached a screen capture of the Menu within the Picture Viewer. I never used it with my K3 so I cannot compare the two. I've heard people asking about zooming, but I cannot see a way to do that with the K4.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-30883.gif
Views:	2385
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	77612