Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
dorotie
dorotie began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Epub line height problem

Hi, I have a little problem.
When I convert rtf file to ebub I have something like this. It's a line hight problem or something else?
Could you help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Przeglądarka e-booków - Ciemności, weź mnie za rękę_2010-08-23_13-54-24.png
Views:	439
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	57026  
dorotie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You could try adding the following to the ExtraCSS box in [Convert]-[Look&Feel] for your RTF to EPUB conversion.

Code:
p {line-height:2em}
If if does make a difference then you can adjust the 2em until you get the look you want.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There is a line height option in look and feel
14 pt usually works for me
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
If you open the ePub in WinZip or WinRAR, and then extract the stylesheet.css and just remove any mention about the line-height, or open one of the HTML files and view the source to see which <p class="calibreX"> X will equal a number and remove it from there. Then just add the stylesheet.css back into the ePub file.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorotie View Post
When I convert rtf file to ebub I have something like this. It's a line hight problem or something else?
When I have a file respond like that I set my line-height to 1.5pt higher then my base font. My base font is 16pt so I set my line-height to 17.5 and reconvert the file.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
dorotie
dorotie began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks guys, that helped
dorotie is offline   Reply With Quote