Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
tonyc46
tonyc46 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 6
Send only updated files to reader

Sony PRS-505

I'm sure this question has been answered, but several searches have not turned it up.

I have made changes to the metadata in several books in the library (without the reader attached). These are already in the reader but not with the new metadata. When I plug in the reader, all books are still tagged as "On Device", even the ones I changed. Is there a way to have Calibre track the books that have been changed in the library and resend just those books to the device?

Thanks.
tonyc46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
No, there is no automatic way. There are various schemes in use, ranging from putting a 'todo' tag on books when you change them to maintaining a date custom column. Another scheme is to simply resend the books that might have changed. Other people will probably chime in with their favorite methods.

We have considered adding a field that would contain the time the metadata was last changed. Unfortunately, there are complexities, so it hasn't been done yet.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Other people will probably chime in with their favorite methods.
Well of course.

I change the date field to "today" if I make a change and will want to resend the book. This means that all changed books are listed ABOVE ie later than the catalog which is always the very last thing I generate before sending files to my PRS-505. I only send them every few weeks so it helps me to remember.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, send to device