Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What are you currently writing?

I'm working on a horror novel. I have a little over 200 pages.

I'm also working on a project that I started in another forum.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON RIGHT NOW?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I am writing the latest Harv and Vera saga. Not really sure where that can be read, right now...

I am also working on a comedic adventure novel featuring a bush pilot living in Panama City in the 1920's who gets involved with some dimwitted archeologists searching for the fabled Lost City of Gold. Harv is sort of the prototype of Armistice Walker, the hero. No talking dogs, yet.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I've finished the first draft (currently editing) a science-fiction novel. Working on what you might call an urban fantasy novel and putting together some short stories.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
My current projects:

A Post Apocalyptic novel
Editing/Rewriting Phoenix Rising / Day of the Dead
My never started/never ended urban fantasy/paranormal detective novel.

Huzzah!
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
My current projects:

A Post Apocalyptic novel
Editing/Rewriting Phoenix Rising / Day of the Dead
My never started/never ended urban fantasy/paranormal detective novel.

Huzzah!
I love me some post-apocalyptic fiction. My favourite is I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (about a billion times better than the film). Good luck on the writing
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
Douglas Rhodes
Connoisseur
Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Storm, laptop
I'm currently polishing a short story that I'm planning to submit to an anthology of horror stories centering on the protagonist's attempts to avoid being eaten. My story centers on a cop fleeing a monster.

I'm excited about it.
Douglas Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am preparing the e-book formats and website redesigns to present my latest novel, The Lens (the Kestral Voyages)! Due out by Read an E-Book Week! Whoo-hoo!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:40 AM   #8
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Aloha,
I have finished writing a science fiction novel, Surviving the Fog. It is a free ebook. I am currently working on another novel that is actually a collection of stories about an alien mercantile invasion of Earth, Tales of the Ragoon.
May I ask, what is a polite way to let people here know the website where they can download my books and stories?
Mahalo
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriss003 View Post
Aloha,
I have finished writing a science fiction novel, Surviving the Fog. It is a free ebook. I am currently working on another novel that is actually a collection of stories about an alien mercantile invasion of Earth, Tales of the Ragoon.
May I ask, what is a polite way to let people here know the website where they can download my books and stories?
Mahalo
If they're free, then you can start a thread with the link and relevant information in the "Deals, Freebies, and Resources" forum.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Aloha,
Mahalo
You can mention the fact that they're free in the Freebies section.

Also, if you format the books in the appropriate formats available here (in the different upload sections), then you can also upload your novel.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Don
Old 02-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Aloha,
Mahalo
as other posters have mentioned, we are always happy to hear from authors, so please do create a thread in the "deals and freebies" forum, and we would also love it if you wanted to upload your book to our free ebooks library.

a couple of suggestions i would add, are to make a signature mentioning your book and including a link to your website (if you have one) or wherever the book can be found. also, if your main interest is gaining visibility and readers, you might want to also upload your book to feedbooks.com ; they have quite a few self-published authors distributing their works there and get a lot of traffic.

if you need any help creating ebooks, please visit our workshop forum for lots of tips and info. there are many very knowledgeable people here who are very happy to help authors make their books available in a variety of formats. i would recommend you start by making an epub version ; epub is the new industry standard, it is excellent for archival purposes, can be read natively on more and more devices, and can be very easily converted to other formats as well. if you upload your book to feedbooks, you can generate a multitude of formats automatically, including valid epub.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I am working on the second novel of a steam-punk series called "Senta and the Steel Dragon". The first in the series is in the slush pile at Baen Books. I've also got two other projects partially done-- a short story called "Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess", which will be a free ebook when completed, and a sequel to my first novel "Princess of Amathar" which is available in the Kindle store and as a pdf on my blog. I have excerpts of all of these on my blog: amathar.blogspot.com.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
I am working on the second novel of a steam-punk series called "Senta and the Steel Dragon". The first in the series is in the slush pile at Baen Books. I've also got two other projects partially done-- a short story called "Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess", which will be a free ebook when completed, and a sequel to my first novel "Princess of Amathar" which is available in the Kindle store and as a pdf on my blog. I have excerpts of all of these on my blog: amathar.blogspot.com.

The one in the slush pile - do you have any idea when they might get around to reading/considering it?

Don
Old 02-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This is so exciting! I wish I had a bit of y'all's talent. I'm good with writing, but horrible with ideas. I hope to read some of everone's work, although I'll be green with jealousy.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm slowly writing a PhD dissertation, which is very dull.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote