Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Features -Marking Books / serial number

I have a great many books on my reader (505) about 4000, I am looking for the following featurs:
Mark an Book as Read and if possible give it a rating
I use libprs500 to upload my so i also eould like to have the serial number displayed
and third but maybe not last- how con i get the sorting into lastname/firstname on the authors basis
and fourth -is there a pssibility that the overvie shows only one letter of the alphabet?

Thanks for your help
thomas
thomasmorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm afraid most of what you're looking for would be in the realm of hacking, and the ... creative individuals (as someone once put it so well) who develop such extra features are kinda waiting for the next firmware so they have a way to unbrick their devices when they inevitably make a mistake in their development.

However, there is one bit of good news: the sort by first letter thing is already a standard feature on the 505. When you enter the author or title menu, if you look at the "page" number at the bottom it should show you page 2 of (whatever). Hit the "page back" button and you see the by letter break-down. As I recall, it's not a full 26 letter break-down, but rather an A-C type of thing. That should still help some with 4k books.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert